VBSP refuses to start

Right then. I am the ONLY PERSON in the ENTIRE WORLD to have this problem…I think.
Compile log:

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\bin\vbsp.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2” “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.vmf”

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\bin\vvis.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2” -fast “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\maps\comeback”

Valve Software - vvis.exe (May 15 2014)
fastvis = true
1 threads
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\bin\vrad.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2” -noextra “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\maps\comeback”

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (May 15 2014)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     

1 threads
[Reading texlights from ‘lights.rad’]
[45 texlights parsed from ‘lights.rad’]

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp” “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\maps\comeback.bsp”

VBSP simply refuses to start, mucking up everything after it. Happens with every game except CS:GO. I NEED this to be fixed, and anyone who helps me with this will get my eternal thanks.

Cumback is not real.
Before testing compiling, try to start vbsp.exe in a terminal.
Set on cmd (with “”)
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\bin\vbsp.exe”
Paste screen what he show you

In a terminal? Like command prompt?

[editline]12th September 2014[/editline]

Bump, nicoreda.exe is not responding.

Bump, no one is saying anything.

Because you already posted this a couple months ago and nobody has found a solution.

Because you posted on a help thread without actually giving any helpful info on the problem.

Dude I made a test map and uploaded it with some programs for you to use and test in your last thread. Glad to know you appreciated the help I tried to give.

Sorry, sorry. I just wish someone knew how to help me with this problem and get it over with…

Bump for justice.

Nobody knows. Stop bumping

Can you blame me for trying? I can’t make any maps anymore because of this issue.

1 threads? ok

What do you mean by “1 threads? ok”

Bump.

It means vrad is using only 1 of your cpu cores. If your cpu truly only has 1 core, you need a new computer… Like now.

Post your computer specs. Including what OS you’re using.

Windows XP, 512 MB (we got an upgrade, just reading from my computer’s case), 160GB of HD space, and Geforce 6150 is still my graphics card.
EDIT:New compile error found with a “The system cannot find the file specified.” error.

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\bin\vbsp.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\ep2” “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2\maps\Valhalla Mining.vmf”

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\bin\vvis.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\ep2” -fast “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2\maps\Valhalla Mining”

Valve Software - vvis.exe (May 15 2014)
fastvis = true
1 threads
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\ep2\maps\Valhalla Mining.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\ep2\maps\Valhalla Mining.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\bin\vrad.exe”
** Parameters: -both -game “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\ep2” -noextra “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2\maps\Valhalla Mining”

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (May 15 2014)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     

1 threads
[Reading texlights from ‘lights.rad’]
[48 texlights parsed from ‘lights.rad’]

Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\ep2\maps\Valhalla Mining.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\ep2\maps\Valhalla Mining.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\ep2\maps\Valhalla Mining.bsp” “C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\ep2\maps\Valhalla Mining.bsp”

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
“The system cannot find the file specified.”

Bump again…
people just don’t pay attention to these threads.

I think the latest error is the space in your map’s name.

I really don’t know if I really know what your problem is or not (I don’t know much about it myself), but how are you running Source SDK? Are you downloading Source SDK from Steam in the Tools section and running it from that? If you are, that could be the source of your problem.

Run it from the Source SDK Application found in the bin folder in your Half Life 2 folder. (I could be totally off on the problem, but it’s a starting point at least)

It could, as was said, be the space in the name of the map you’re trying to compile.

I am (currently) doing my compiling via the Source SDK base 2013 .
This problem also happens whenever I have no spaces too, so that can’t be it.