Vehicle Pod Questions

Okay, I have the combine pod in a moving vehicle as seats of sort, but I can’t get it to work just right.

First, I wanted to change the model to the one you see in gmod (Breen Pod) but when I do that the view gets stuck in the floor, how do I fix this?

Second, when you get out of the pod, you get stuck in the ceiling, how do I fix this? Is there some way to make the person get out at an exact spot?

lua code

SetAnimation

idk about the view tho

As far as I know, you can’t put lua into a hammer map, and if you can, how do you do it?

SetAnimation is supposed to do what exactly?

i’m not really a lua coder but here’s a map with pod and he changed the seating animation using lua

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=786094

maybe ask him
cause i decompiled his map thats how i saw the lua thing :smiley:

Thats not lua, thats mapping, but its the effort that counts right?
It isn’t quite what I’m looking for, anybody else know anythign about this?

Or is there a way to set up the pod so when the player exits it they get teleported into the vehicle?

Lua in hammer, you should add the garrysmod.fgd file to hammer and you will have a lua_run entity that you can add into maps.

Thank you, but uh, where do I get the garrysmod.fgd?
And adding on to that, where does it go?

Should be in your C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Username\garrysmod\garrysmod

Just go into hammer editor with the game you want to work with, go to tools>options and in the game data files and add the garrysmod.fgd that is in your garrysmod\garrysmod folder.

That’ll be helpful in the future.
I found a solution to my problem, I just made a teleporter above the cieling with a nodraw around it, and the teleporter leads to the car.
If I could do this in a simpler way, please let me know.