VTF plugin for Photoshop CS4?

I can’t get the VTF plugin working for Photoshop CS4. Is there anyone that knows how to get it to work? Thanks.

What do you mean can’t get them working? how did you install them

I dragged VTFLib.dll to Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\ and VTF.8bi to Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Plug-Ins\File Formats\ but I can’t save a file in .VTF format. It worked with CS3, but I can’t get it to work in CS4. I don’t know if its different or what.

It only works for the 32-bit version of Photoshop CS4 go install that or if you already do its

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5.1\Plug-ins\File Formats

Well I just did that and the plug-in worked. There’s an issue though, I need to save a very large .VTF file (16384x16384) but I need to allocate more RAM to Photoshop because it has an error saying there isn’t enough RAM. I have 6 GB allocated to the 64 Bit version, but can only allocate 3.5 to 32 Bit because of its limitations. Is there any way to do what I need?

I think that’s as good as I can get. Thank you for the help, I’ll just split the textures into parts!

If you’re working with a 16384x16384 vtf you’re doing something very very wrong. In part because source if I remember correctly truncates it to 4kmax.

Also you can try using vtfedit, but I doubt it will help you.

Ahhh oh well. I’m working with a texture that large because of what I’m working on. I’m going by the scale of 1 pixel is .25 of a unit in Hammer. I’ll cut the sections down again and try it. And VTFEdit doesn’t work with it. Thanks though!

Yeah trust me, you’re setting yourself up for a lot of pain in the future. Sounds almost like you’re planning for some large texture on a large plane in hammer to get a lot of detail into it. Almost something like the megatextures in IDtech.

What you should be instead trying to do is using 1 or 2 good blend textures and add a lot of extra detail with overlay and or decal textures.