VTFedit crashing on startup

Problem solved. For reference:

Yeah, more problems… This time with VTFedit. For a while now, whenever I’ve tried to load VTFedit, it’s just crashed with this message:

(I’ve not tried debugging as it requires JIT debugger - but I don’t think it’d really be of any help to me, even if I were to get it)

I don’t think I installed/uninstalled any programs at the time it buggered up, so no problems there from what I can see. I’ve tried reinstalling VTFedit and the framework/c++ applications it requires as well, but still no luck.

Any help would really appreciated; I’ve got a large project in the works so it’s pretty essential I get this working again. If you need any more info from me, just let me know.

I’d have said reinstalling it, but try using an alternative software.

Know of any that you would recommend? Ideally I just need an application that can preview VTFs & set their flags, but I don’t really know of any.

Edit:

Well I’ve grabbed the VTF shell extension pack which is pretty good for quick previewing, but would be nice to get something that previews/works in higher detail; flags, toggling RGBA channels, etc.

Edit:

No problemo actually, got VTFedit sorted. Just downloaded the full VTFlib pack which comes with VTFedit. This VTFedit requires no install and the .exe runs perfectly.

my vtfedit doesn’t work. i did all the above, and all i got was this:

“The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.”

Does anyone have any solution? It happens with GCFScape, too…