Want to get back into making models for gmod but..

First of all forgive me if this is in the wrong place, I had no idea where to put it…

To sum it up, the PC where I had CF’s Studio MLD compiler thing all working nicely on pop it’s clogs and is now hiding under the dining room table, so now I’m using my dads PC, I install CF’s mld things and all the rest dah di dah, I launch it, configure it; all hunkidory, so just as a test I try to decompile a balloon model, SC crashes, being the little lemming I am, I try a few more times; to no avail, so I check the paths, they seemed correct(sourcesdk/bin/ep/bin) the same as I used on my other machine, I then launch Source SDK and then Hammer to make sure it installed correctly; It launches perfectly, so now I have no idea and think SC is having a fit so I go and download ‘GUIstudiomdl’ I config it and it tells me that it can’t find the “gameconfig.txt” so I go through my SDK files to note that I am indeed missing it…

So now I’m searching for a fix and most go over what I’ve done already(Downloading, installing and playing episode 1 and whatnot) and I still get the same thing.

If anyone knows why it’s missing/if a Source update broke these tools please tell me.