Warhammer 40k: Imperial Guard

[release][tab]Name:[/tab] Warhammer 40k: Imperial Guard

[tab]Version:[/tab] 1

[tab]Description:[/tab] Imperial Guardsman, DoW II weapons, all with lots of bodygroups

[tab]Includes:[/tab]
1 model, and props for headgear.
The headgear props have bodygroups to remove straps.
The helmet prop has bodygroups to change between all helmet varients.
DoW II weapons, with skins for different colors relating to the Imperial Guard skins.
5 head mesh, and remove head bodygroups. 11 gear bodygroups, including no gear.
7 skins, default, woodland, cadian, winter, desert, urban, urban grey, shown in the picture below
[tab]Requirements:[/tab] Garrysmod, Dawn of War II, a brain

[tab]Credits:[/tab]
Bloocobalt: Port, rig, hack, bodygroups, making some skin varients
Nirrti\Ilwrath: Making some things higher poly, phong, reskinning some things
Lt_C: Making these kick-ass, epic awesome textures
Relic: Original model
[tab]Download(s):[/tab] http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=97582

[tab]Picture(s):[/tab]
Image by Nirrti/Ilwrath

[/release]
Tell me if there’s any problems, and I’ll try to fix them.

Comments? Suggestions?

Bodygroup changer:
http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=125861

Enjoy.

Aww yeah, here we go, finally released.
LT_C did some

amazing

texture work on these.
Not to mention Bloocobalt’s hard work on the bodygroups.

Looks very good! Should’ve high ressed the armor parts a bit more but still, very good!

Impossible because like LT_C already has said a couple of times, they’re pretty awkwardly UVW mapped. For example, the kneepads are stuffed up into like 32x32 pixel space or so.

Yeah, well double the sheet size and simply redo the scratches like they show in low res. I can imagine it being a pain in the ass to do though, I’ve high ressed the DOW 40k 1 guard once.

Yeah well the texture maps are already 1024x1024. Making them ridiculously huge is pretty stupid when it’s all about few parts. LT_C remade/retextured all of the texture maps once already.

God damn, epic work right there, cheers!

Is there just 1 basic face type or a few?

Also AWESOME!

Can’t wait for new computer to come, I will get this!

Wow, that’s lookin’ good. Shame about the low-res scratches on the body armour the rest looks very detailed thought.

Nice to see these things finally got out the door.

As I’ve said in the past, the UV mapping of the texture made a completely high rez skin impossible; Relic needs to fire the guy that UV mapped these things. I’ve been skinning for around 9 years, and I’ve never seen size decisions as counter-intuitive as the ones they made when designing the texture.
There is an argument that I could just double the size texture, but the same parts would still be proportionally low rez compared to others. Beside that, there are 7 copies of the same texture in the download. I know it’s not important to most in the mod community, but 9 Mb is a big difference from 40 Mb. If you’re going into making textures professionally, that is a big difference, and could cause you to get passed over when looking for a job.

Aside form all that, Nirrti and Bloo were great to work with, and I’m happy with the overall product.

For those of you who want to make your own division color schemes, the gray suit is generic 7f7f7f gray as a base, so any “overlay” or “hard light” layers will reskin well, sans the scratches.

Ellis! And Keith.

I can’t help but like you for doing this bu detest you at the same time for using AELESSH And KEETH as some of them.

Love

These look great!

fuckin k00l.
about time, but for some reason the hi-res textures just like…weird while the low res textures some how look better to me.

do these guys have face posing?

You quoted it wrongly though :v:, that pose was made by me.
But no, they don’t have faceposing, but like mentioned before, there’s a bodygroup for the head that “removes” it.

This is awesome. In 40k universe, Imps have always been my favorite! Always.

Great work!

i suck the EMPEROR’S DICK