This mod, first released 2nd January 2008, adds team-affiliated melons that will shoot at their enemies. They act basically like RTS units do - you can give them orders, and they’ll move to the target location as best they can. You can also spawn them attached to your props, so you can make anything from small gunships to frigates and massive battleships. Use order cores - warmelons specifically made to carry out orders - on the front of vehicles and make your contraptions respond to your every command.
Here are some ancient videos. There’s a lot new since then.
ORDERING YOUR MELONS
The new way to control your melons is much easier than the STOOL - console commands. Here are the console commands for the Warmelons so far:
+wmselect - bind a key to this, and use it to drag a hypothetical 3D sphere around the melons you want to select, much like dragging a box around units in any RTS game. wmorder - bind a key to this, and when pressed, all your selected melons will try and get to where you're looking at. If you hold the sprint key while giving a wmorder, the melons will follow what you're pointing at (or stop following if you look at the ground). And if you hold the walk key while giving a wmorder, the melons will target what you're pointing at (even if that's a friendly unit or just a random prop). To bind a key: bind key +wmselect (replace key with the key you want to bind to +wmselect, like H or mouse3 or something)
SPAWNING FROM YOUR BARRACKS
- Get any selection that has at least 1 barracks in it.
- Open the ‘Barracks Control’ context panel from the Warmelons category.
- Click on the melons you want to spawn, in the order you want to spawn them.
- Light fighters and lasermelons have team coloured lasers
- Fixed barracks sharing their queues (leading to malfunction)
- Fixed the barracks not starting to build again if the sum of the active melons and the queued melons reaches the maximum active melons
- Lasermelon draws sparks at the start/end of the laser
- Flechette melon has less range and moves more slowly
- Barracks has a wireframe preview of the next melon to be spawned (not team-coloured, as that would cause it to camoflauge against the barracks at the wrong angle)
- Exploding warmelons won’t set shit on fire (but still do damage)
- Holding shift and alt while giving melons a move order will make them follow or attack the entity you point at respectively. Pointing at the ground while giving an order will stop them following things.
- Barracks functions like an RTS factory
- up to 20 active melons now in a barracks
- Added flechette and heavy flechette melons
- Added Wire Spotter
- Fixed NULL Entity error when spawning in multiplayer
- presumably fixed barracks unit error upon destruction
- added laser ‘melon’
- new order system, sphere dragging to select and console-command-based use.
- Added barracks and light trooper
- No more moving to enemies automatically
- Any warmelons that use an older version will need to update
- All warmelons can now be ordered by the command STOOL.
- (hopefully) fixed duplication issues with some melons
- Changed cannon shells not to require CSS
- Added RTS-style orderable melon (300 health)
- Duplicator support for ordercore and plasma cannon (untested, tell me if it works or not)
- Added plasma cannon
- Fixed medics with force error
- Cannon has reduced damage
- Added new base class for warmelons
- Added cannon
- Added medic
- Both combat units now have muzzle flashes
- Fire rate slightly increased
- new info_target based targeting system (this will help to make adding future turret types less laggy)
‘Too many emitters’ error when you use too many medics (It means it’s going insane over how many healing effects you want it to do, and starts giving up, spamming errors at your face).
Shit I’ve made but haven’t uploaded yet
Too much to list, I can’t be bothered.
Hell if I know.