Warning: Unhandled usermessage '_Notify'

So In DarkRP, I have been receiving this message whenever a notification is supposed to show up.

In console, I get a message saying this: Warning: Unhandled usermessage ‘_Notify’

This means that ZERO notifications will show up, and only show Warning: Unhandled usermessage ‘_Notify’
in console.

It isnt a HUGE problem but it certainly is the most annoying error ive come across in DarkRP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using a custom HUD?

why do you think a HUD would cause unhandled usermessages

Damage animations, purchase actions, hitmarkers, etc, you have to be creative, if there’s no receivers, then this will say that , create an empty handle if that error persist

That’s because for some reason, DarkRP hasn’t got the ‘old’ notification system completely removed. As gonzalolog said, the usermessages are sent, but not received. Make a function that receives them so it will stop the error.

EDIT:
I was wrong.

Don’t disable the default HUD or copy this code into your HUD.

/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Display notifications
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
local function DisplayNotify(msg)
    local txt = msg:ReadString()
    GAMEMODE:AddNotify(txt, msg:ReadShort(), msg:ReadLong())
    surface.PlaySound("buttons/lightswitch2.wav")

-- Log to client console
    MsgC(Color(255, 20, 20, 255), "[DarkRP] ", Color(200, 200, 200, 255), txt, "
")
end
usermessage.Hook("_Notify", DisplayNotify)

In that case, I take back what I said.

ok, purchase actions are acceptable IMO for networking, but for damage animations (i think)/hitmarkers you can use gameevents to avoid using net messages (gameevent.Listen + player_hurt, wowow no need to network)
[editline]s[/editline] if you really need to know exactly what was used to deal damage and not just the attacker, use net messages

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE A LIFESAVER