Water represented on craftable maps

Would it be at all possible to change how water is represented on craftable maps? At present water is indistinguishable from arid areas.

It used to show on maps but broke maybe 2 months ago. Dunno why. Surprisingly this is the first time I’ve seen anyone mention it even though it bugs the hell out of anyone who uses maps.

Could just be the popularity of websites like playrust.io and people in general moving away from using maps at all. The more I play, the less interested I am in maps. I’ll use an online one to scout a good base position after a reset and maybe use the in game one for the first day or so while I get my bearings, but that’s about it.

Yes, Forgot to mention that they did properly display water in the past. I find them extremely useful personally, for marking monuments/radtowns, enemy bases and such. Plus I have a rubbish sense of direction :stuck_out_tongue:

Also the number of times I’ve wandered from home without my map and never found my way back…

This is one of those strange bugs in Rust. It worked when maps were first introduced. Then it broke, and they never bothered fixing it.

About the same time, they introduced furnaces providing heat / comfort. Those quickly broke (or were silently reverted) and nothing was ever done or mentioned about it.