We need a "Redo" button for Gmod.

Don’t you hate it when you JUST deleted a important prop in your construction part buy accidentally hitting the Z key?

I do.

Why not a redo key? Is it so hard?

I bound my undo button to save, and then redo. So that if I fuck up, I have a save ready.

i totally agree with this.

there should also be a button for undo last action DETAILED EDITION. so instead of just deleting props, it undoes the last action. so lets say i completly messed up posing an arm which made it so that some of my props whent haywire. press x or some other key and it undoes that pose…

YES! I’ve always wanted a redo button in GMod :frown:

There’s a few problems. How would you “redo” a prop movement without somehow undoing every last physics effect it has caused since it was moved? Also, how do you define “redoable”?

This would be good for NON-physics based effects- like color.

Then you could make a script that constantly redoes and Undoes props,causing the server to crash.

Shit yes. Wanted for ages.

You can already crash servers with the console if you know what you’re doing :smile:.

Advance Duplicator… it brings back what you worked on earlier
even if you undone everything

I worked on my “mansion” construction which I actually took 2 - 3 sessions to complete

you can save an in-progress work and continue the next day

or having your construction done without rebuilding everytime you play gmod

This works alright.
http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=37713

This would fucking useful (like deleting small thrusters with the remover tool, andthen accidently shoot your creation)

But imagine you undo a vital part of your construction and everything comes down, I can understand it would be hard to code an undo button for such cases. Perhaps it’d save the positions of the parents, but then I think undoing will make your game freeze for half a second or so.

I’d find this infinitely useful…

I’d also like an undo for the Remover tool - because frequently I try to remove lots of small objects, and misclick, and remove the big object they were on…
This especially makes me rage if it was multi-parented - if you remove the parent, the “children” get removed too.

I think it would be buggy on tools that hasn’t come with garrysmod.
Because I think you would have to recall all the variables that was once on that constraint/spawned entity, like the constraints position and other variables.
It would also be laggy with multiplayer servers because it would have to send a bunch of data to data files.

If you’re tired of accedently undoing shit, just unbond the z key and use the menu to undo shit

/thread

Should be implemented.

Good idea

Cliffy B. of the Unreal engine company has a make better button. Can we get one of those?

Those aren’t complaints. Those are Gmod in a nutshell.

:toot:

Do you have any idea how much ram this would take up

It would be like saving the entire game every second and having to load it up again instantly…

[editline]12:04AM[/editline]

Yes, actually, it is that hard.

Unless you just want to put a prop back with the same constraints.

If you want to redo it like if you drop a frozen ragdoll’s arm or something, you are out of luck. No rewinding of time here.