Weapon modifications

I’ve never made a Gmod addon myself, but I’ve wanted to tweak those I’ve downloaded in the past.

Certain mods I’d like not to have people mucking around with in a game except me. Others I’d like to share. My favorite is the WWII weapons mod from Day of Defense, which, thankfully, doesn’t require Day of Defense to use. (Link) I love that mod, but it’s admin only, which made me sad. :<

Some weapons I’ve downloaded I don’t like how their damage is too low and the recoil too high. Some other times the damage is absurd and the recoil is pathetic. Therefore I’d like to know how to modify these factors as well.

Perhaps I’d like to give some of my shiny toys to some NPCs. How do I work in the additional models? What needs to be done coding-wise?

Maybe there’s some nice iron-sighting built into the weapon, but maybe I’d like my screen to zoom up just a little like the many first-person shooters I’m so used to. Can you show me how to do that too?

I appreciate any assistance that is given. Perhaps one day I can release a proper weapons mod of my own. Still a total noob here, and I refuse to allow my first download to be a stupid-ass background or an advanced dupe–considering I suck at building things anyway. XD I’m too dumb to even figure out Wiremod.

EDIT: Derp, I totally put this in the wrong place, didn’t I?