Weapon part I and armor part I.. what's that?

so we find one naked guy today in radtown, he asked to kill him, he suicided so we looked at his backpack and there was that two boxes…
one look like small medkit but blue, and that’s weapon part, and armor is green box little smaller than big medkit…

so we are confused as we can research weapons normally like before…

its a new mechanic they are going to implement. instead of say finding an M4 blueprint, you find weapon parts. when you get all the parts you can then craft the complete item. I believe it falls under the trello card of revamping the crafting system to extent game play. also they were intending to make the modern military weapons harder to come by later. Possibly even having a special facility you have to go to in order to make them, or a special craft table maybe

yep, i know all that but i though it’s not yet implemented because you can research everything normal like before…

and if that guy is some kind of hacker i don’t think he can spawn something what isn’t in the game…

at first we thought update came today, but it not…

you can even research that weapon part and you can craft it with just 10 fragments i think and you get another weapon part I…

Its not uncommon for devs to introduce things in by bits, some things might not be usable yet but are in the game for 2 reasons. 1. it shows whats coming. 2. the items are actually in the game so the update to make it usable is small

Ive played many alphas and betas over the years and this is common practice

Its sorta like the can of tuna thing
It says something about water and drinking but thirst isn’t implemented yet
its just whats going to be planned

i do know what you think, and that’s not just case with betas, quick example is bf4 with weapons in game from next dlc but which you can access to if you know how to unlock them…

i’m just curious because i never heard of this particular one in rust, even more, in past there weren’t really anything similar…

i know for changes with researching, if i’m not mistaken they were mentioning that (partial blueprints) for last update before this one, and it was like done deal, but they then removed use of paper and made research kit one time use… it’s so strange because server were we play is small one, there were just few of us online than really, and we found that guy on accident, and he had that on him… so random and strange :=

and not any similar situation so far, in whole big rust world with so many players and even more hackers :slight_smile:

I had a great analogy to explain this, but it took to long to write, so instead…

They are adding pieces, those pieces don’t always fit together during alpha, so we all just have to be patient and trust that they know what they are doing.