Weapon - Playing a sequence, not an animation.

Max already explained.
Time for you tiny little brain to work (If you have one of course).

You need to learn how to read and be calm.

Dude, it’s not about reading, its about finding something in a library of over 9000 pages… I’ve searched for activity, all I got was how to make activities for NPC’s, but not how to put them into the model. Since that didn’t help, I searched for Animations. That isn’t the right thing, but none of this matters.

The thing is, the animations actually work perfectly fine in Hammer Editor and Model Viewer, they just don’t work in-game!

[editline]9th May 2013[/editline]

Hell, I feel like I need a new thread, one with the title “Animations work, just not in-game!”

You dont need a new thread. You need to listen.
I will be direct to you, you dont need $animation in this case, end of story.

Now go away before i explode. [sp]Damn, i really need and want a gold account boost[/sp]

Seriously? This thread isn’t even about the problem. The problem is that the animations simply don’t work in-game! The ACT_* animations DO work, but in-game they never play. They are told to play, but the weapon does not move.

[sp]I wonder how you did that…[/sp]

Oh my god FOR FUCKS SAKE PLEASE LISTEN TO SOMEONE ATLEAST ONE TIME!

Remove the $animation, recompile and post the result, if it still doesnt work, send me the code and the source of the model and i will show what you could possibly did wrong.

I DID FUCKING REMOVE THE ANIMATIONS! DIDN’T I TELL YOU ALREADY, THE ONLY REASON I PUT THAT IN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS TO TRY AND FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!

I suppose that means I have to show you the .qc… fine, here you go, what do you mean by the source? I took the v_smg1 model and the heligun model, decompiled them and replaced the SMG with the Heligun. Then I exported several .smd animation files using the SMG’s animations, out of laziness.

$modelname "weapons\v_HeliGun.mdl"$scale 1.0
$cdmaterials "models"

$body "Body" "heligun\HeliGunReference.SMD"

$sequence "idle" "heligun\idle1.SMD" rotate 90 fps 20 ACT_IDLE 1
$sequence "shoot" "heligun\fire.SMD" rotate 90 fps 42 ACT_PRIMARYATTACK 1
$sequence "chargedshoot" "heligun\fire2.SMD" rotate 90 fps 28 ACT_SECONDARYATTACK 1
$sequence "empty" "heligun\dryfire.SMD" rotate 90 fps 30 ACT_DRYFIRE 1
$sequence "draw" "heligun\draw.SMD" rotate 90 fps 20 ACT_DRAW 1
$sequence "lower" "heligun\lower.SMD" rotate 90 fps 30 ACT_LOWER 1
$sequence "lowered" "heligun\lowered.SMD" rotate 90 fps 15 ACT_LOWERIDLE 1
$sequence "tocombat" "heligun	ocombat.SMD" rotate 90 fps 15 ACT_RAISE 1
$sequence "recharge" "heligun\recharge.SMD" rotate 90 fps 60 ACT_RECHARGE 1

$surfaceprop "metal"

$attachment "muzzle" "HeliMuzzle" 0.00 0.00 0.00 rotate 0 0 0
$attachment "1" "ValveBiped.eject" 0.00 0.00 0.00 rotate 0 0 0

I will also PM this to you if I can.

Oh my, let me guess, flaming because of all-caps? Look, you think I don’t listen to people? This was always a problem, even before I used the $animation tag. In fact, I only used that because of this problem; it was the best possible solution I could find.

Thank you sooo much, Matsilagi! With your help, I actually got it to work perfectly. Again, thank you very, very much!

Large Image In-coming!!!

Large Image Out-going! The gun model looks low-quality, but it’s the exact same quality as the original AirBoat Gun. It has the same exact texture, exact same texture alignment, and exact same shape. There are hands, but you can no longer see them for now. Also, I figure since there’s always someone who’s gonna rate me dumb, why not justify it with comments like “Large Image Out-going/In-coming” and a giant ass image?

Oh, yeah, btw, if you think that gun looks like a box, tell that to VALVe. It’s their model, completely unchanged, just made into a view model.

Image has been shrunk!

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5817/smallershowswireframe.jpg

This image shows you all of the polygons that are visible, of this model, when it is idle.

the [ t][ /t] tags are your friends.

Also of course it’s going to be blocky, the model is from 2004 and was never meant to be seen that close.

What does [t] do, make it a thumbnail? The model may be from 2004, but they last updated the texture in 2007… but I can fix that problem, the problem is the texture. For the end result to look decent, I will need a much better texture than even Fake Factory’s.