Weapon Texture Glitch.

Hello,
For a while I have been experiencing a texture glitch with some of my weapons (world and view models). It appeared one day, I’d have to say… about 2 months ago, and I’ve had to manage without half of my weapon “library” to use for pictures. I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me fix it.

:siren: Pics of * a few * of the guns that have this certain glitch: :siren:

I would like help soon, if possible.

Thanks!

I’ve been experiencing this too. Maybe it’s because both of us don’t have graphic cards with anti-aliasing?

It may be some problem with vertex normals, or maybe in those areas you have double polygons, check it out. Try autosmoothing vertex normals or try deleting a polygons in the black areas and see if you have another polygon below it.
If none of those works, try re-UV mapping the whole model on just one side and see it those black areas disappear…

Those guns look like they are from Left 4 Dead 1+2, I suggest getting a graphics card with DirectX 9 support like GeForce 7000 or higher (MIGHT be expensive but at least it will fix the problem)

For the record, I didn’t make these models.

Ben, you are somewhat right, the first pic is BlooCobalt’s L4D2 Modified Weapons, and the other two are from the Brothers’ in Arms weapon pack… also by BlooCobalt. :byodood:

Flipped faces… Easy fix in Blender.

HE DIDN’T MAKE THE MODELS. End of discussion.

Thank you, Imperator.

I have no model files for Blender or any other modeling softwares, and I didn’t make those models, it’s just a glitch I have.

That just might be the solution.

It seems that glitch started happening on older videocards after a global Source engine update. On my old graphics card i wasn’t experiencing this problem, but later it started to show up. With my new graphics card the problem is gone. Weird.
Old graphics card of mine: Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT
Current graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 240

Wait, what? That makes no sense.

ANYWHO,
I’m defiantly going to need a new graphics card.

Great news to anyone who cares (nobody)!
I’m getting a new computer soon, so that means…

I get to finally play GTA 4.