weapons are not automaticly switched to on pick up

Hey guys,

call me stupid or something, but i was searching for days now and cannot find a sollution. so please please please, i appreaciate any serious help.

We play ttt and i am hosting the game via steam as a local server (i guess), because i just use the ingame menue. I installed a lot of mods (but i tried it without any too) and all works fine. We can play and have a lot of fun.

I even found the settings in the lua files to tweak the prop-control a bit when you are a ghost.

BUT : For the sake of it i cannot get the automated switch to weapon you pickup to work when you walk over it.
Its a thing a lot of guys DON’T want (as i found out in my research). But nobody seems to have wanted it to work when it does not.

Map starts… rifle lies in front of you and you walk over it. You have it but your hands DO NOT automaticly switch to the rifle. you always have to use the switch menue or the fast switch via mouse wheel… works all well enough.
When you throw it away or pick it back up, no problem BUT it will not be switched to. you HAVE to do it manually everytime.

Its especially annoying to me when i want to switch it out for another weapon. i throw it away while standing next to the gun i want and i have to keep scrolling the menue manually to see if i got it or the old one or one i don’t want.

well… i hope you got the picture…

things i tried without success:

i edited cl_autowepswitch “1” in my autoexec.cfg and server.cfg (dont work because i think only the lua flies in
Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\gamemodes errortown\gamemode
are the ones used.

so i tried and edit the GarrysMod\garrysmod\gamemodes errortown\entities\weapons\weapon_tttbase.lua
because i thought the “SWEP.AutoSwitchTo” and the “SWEP.AutoSwitchFrom” might do the trick… but they didn’t

nobody at least an idea? :frowning: