Weird error every half second

Holy ****, I test my modification of DarkRP and this error pops up every half second

ERROR: GAMEMODE:‘Think’ Failed: [CA]NewDarkRP\gamemode\sv_gamemode_functions.lua:605: attempt to call global ‘FlammablePropThink’ (a nil value)
ERROR: GAMEMODE:‘Think’ Failed: [CA]NewDarkRP\gamemode\sv_gamemode_functions.lua:605: attempt to call global ‘FlammablePropThink’ (a nil value)

Whoa, I look at the line that it’s talking about

function GM:Think() --line 604
FlammablePropThink() --line 605
end --line 606

do I have to add a return value? I have no lua coding experience but I know c++ so I just guess how its supposed to look rofl.

It’s the gamemode. Delete it. Or maybe there is way to fix it? Unfortunately i don’t know much about LUA Scripting. :eng99:

Not a gmod problem, it’s a dark RP problem

Wow… pickle really, I’m not that dumb, I know its a dark rp problem, but whats wrong with the FlammablePropThink() ??? And Slayer, theres no way im deleting the gamemode after a whole day of coding…

Sorry, i thought you were complaining about something wrong with gmod.

rofl

Looks like there is no function named “FlammablePropThink()”

its teh nil value

FlammablePropThink() --line 605
…noob

[editline]04:13PM[/editline]

uhh, so are you supposed to put a return value? I have no idea how lua really works, so do I put:
return " "
or
return 0, or return 1
I dunno, basically what im asking is, is the ‘value’ that your talking about the return value?

[editline]04:14PM[/editline]

like, how exactly do you put it, which line, and which file?

[editline]04:15PM[/editline]

cause is FlammablePropThink() in another file or something? If it is, does that mean that I have to put the return value code in that file? where is it?!?!

Fial.

You can call a function called steveAndBobGoToTheFarmersMarket(), but that doesn’t mean it exists. By “doesn’t exist”, Divran means “The function is not defined anywhere, so Lua has no fucking idea what you’re talking about.”

Meaning when you modded DarkRP, you deleted that function.
…noob

Wow… I never deleted anything, and its defined somewhere, the person who developed darkrp isn’t a noob…jeez, I asked for help, if your gonna say something, check if your right…

It obviously doesn’t exist or isn’t in scope. Find the function FlammablePropThink. If it doesn’t exist and the gamemode was calling it, you obviously deleted it at some point.

Also, you don’t NEED to return anything. It just can’t find the function FlammablePropThink.

We have gathered that thank you, Besides with your VAST knowledge could you tell us how do we fix it

/sarcasmn

Anyhoo, a bug or missing object in the code?

Just get out. Seriously, If I wasn’t on my last warning about being banned, I would flame you to hell and back. You haven’t defined the function “FlammablePropThink”, therefore you’re trying to call a nil function. If you don’t want help, get the fuck out of this forum.

Whoa, really man, someone already answered that, and you flamed in that post…you could’ve told me nicely that that was a function call and it had to be defined, you could’ve told me where it should be defined so I could fix it…

With some of the things he’s had accounts perma’d for, that IS him being friendly.

If you don’t have it already that would be a perfect way to get the achievement “Bad Coder”

save whatever version of DarkRP u have somewhere else and then stick a fresh new copy straight from garrysmod.org in the gamemode folder. Simple idea but it’s worth a shot.

Rofl, I got it in the first 5 seconds of playing the game (but i didn’t code anything :P)

[editline]08:28AM[/editline]

Ok uhh, can someone close this thread? cause I got the info I needed, or can someone tell me if I can close it somehow?

You don’t close it, you just forget about it and stop posting in it.