Weird Problem with Garry's Mod 13 & older.

I got this strange issue with Garry’s Mod; I have both Garry’s Mod 13 and Garry’s Mod 9 (or 10, I think it’s 9), but whenever I try to play either one of them, it will play fine for a few seconds, but then after a minute or so it will start lagging/stuttering every second, then stop, then stutter again. I’m playing on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. Here are the specs:

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 925 @ 2.30GHz 2.29 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB (2.87 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

How do I fix this? It’s really irritating and I can’t get anything done, let alone set up ragdolls for animation. I’ve tweaked EVERYTHING! down to the lowest settings possible in the graphics card and for whatever god-knows-what reason it STILL won’t stop stuttering. It didn’t do this before on either version.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Do you happen to have integrated graphics?

I’m not sure. Where do I check that?

Start menu --> Type dxdiag --> Display

I didn’t see anything about Integrated Graphics anywhere.

I mean what does it say next to graphics?

I didn’t see anything that said “Graphics” only display, system, sound, etc. etc.

http://puu.sh/4iOcD.png

It should look like this. Take a screenshot of what yours says.

Mine looks just like that except I have the Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family.

DAC type is Internal.

Monitor is a Generic PnP Monitor.

You have Intel graphics as your graphics card. Garry has said he doesn’t support such graphics, you could try updating the drivers to the latest if you haven’t.

Also is the hard drive okay? Stuttering can mean a dodgy hard disk too.

I thought it had something to do with my graphics! I thought it was something else. Thanks for the help friend!

Check your HDD health with Drive Monitor by Acronis. If its not in good shape, backup your stuff and see if you can get a new HDD.