Weird shadow things

Hey Facepunchers. I’m trying to make a simple map, and I made a floor with a hill on it. I realized that the area I made was WAY too small, so I tried to stretch out the floor but it distorted the hills. So instead, I just made more brushes next to it, but this is what it looks like:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8186/beandesert0000.jpg

I’ve tried turning off shadows, joining the brushes together, and making the lightmap on the textures all the same, but to no avail. Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks!

[editline]06:09PM[/editline]

Crap, sorry about the big picture! Don’t know how to fix that…

Looks like you connected a generic brush with a displacement. Has the brush the nodraw texture on the other sides? Also try to bring the first two vertices of the displacement at the edges where it connects with the brush onto the same height as the brush is. Like this:

_______ __/``````````
Brush - Displacement

So that the lighting wrap will start on the displacement. Sorry, I don’t have the right words to explain it.

I’m really sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you just said. What’s a displacement? I think if I know what that is, I can figure the rest out.

Oh, I thought this was another shadow people thread.

a displacement is basically a hill or ditch.

No, more like a mesh-based brush face.

Hmm…Okay, I think I’ve got a few new ideas I could try out. Oh, and to answer your question, DasMatze: No, I don’t have any nodraw textures. Should I?

i was explaining it so a noob could understand it :stuck_out_tongue:

Gah, I can’t figure this out. I’m just going to remake the map, but make sure the brush is large enough to begin with. Thanks a lot for all of your help; I really appreciate it!

Try lowering the lightmapscale in the 3D skybox.