Weld Camera to NPC ? / Attach Rope to NPC ?

In Gmod9 I believe you were able to weld a Camera to a NPC in mid-air so that it would move right along with the NPC at a fixed position as the NPC moved.

In Gmod9 you were also able to attach ropes to NPC’s so that it could drag ragdolls around.

But I cannot seem to do either of these things in the new Gmod. Is that correct?

If you cannot do these things in the new Gmod then is there a way to add my custom NPC in Gmod 9 to use these type of features? I know there is a mod folder in Gmod9, but I am not sure generally how to add the NPC because there is no addons folder like the new Gmod has.

Garry made it so nothing can be attached to NPCs.

[editline]02:07PM[/editline]

It’s called GMod 10 also

[editline]02:08PM[/editline]

Plus wrong section

Hi, thank’s for replying.

Again as I described, in Gmod 9 I believe it was in fact possible to weld a prop camera to Npc’s in mid-air so that it would be able to move along with them.
You could also weld ropes to the Npc’s so that they could drag around ragdolls for example. But I don’t seem to be able to do this in Gmod 10.

Yes… Gmod10 I understand. I called it “new Gmod” as I had seen people reference even “Gmod11” as well, perhaps referring to updates etc.
The important thing is that you seemed to know which Gmod I meant anyways.

Which section of the forum would you suggest I ask questions like this in then?

I don’t know any tools to attach ropes to NPCs, but look for NPC camera.

Thanks, I do have the NPC camera addon and its very neat.

I was just wondering why the ability to attach ropes and weld cameras to NPC’s as in Gmod 9 apparently was removed from Gmod 10.

I found that by first checking no collide between the NPC and camera and then welding the camera mid-air to the NPC, when the NPC moved, the camera also moved with it. This seemed like a easy way to create tracking shots for Machinima which closely follow the actor.

Probably crashing issues, the game wasn’t meant for objects to be attached to NPCs.