Wenli's STools for now...

If this thread gets edited, closed or deleted like Wenli’s original thread - then your out of luck if your looking for these files.

So last chance. Here they are.

PS: If a mod decides to kill this thread - please just remove the link and leave it so people get the idea I’m not going to bother anymore. I’m sick of being harassed because Wenli can’t find the time to fix code he wrote for a game he doesn’t play anymore.

Wait, so, are these fixed?

From the sounds of it, these are the Gmod 13 compatible versions.

I fixed them along long time ago and have kept them working throughout and since the beta.
PA is hackyish fixed. It works, so you can move stuff around and etc. But it has flaws and bugs, just need to work around them. I didn’t feel like really fixing it properly.

Wenli doesn’t want you to release it, take it down. It doesn’t matter that you think it’s unfair it’s HIS decision (And it WILL be fixed eventually, but not in this fuck-retarded way).

[ERROR] lua/includes/modules/draw.lua:144: ‘Trebuchet19’ isn’t a valid font

1. SetFont - [C]:-1
  2. DrawText - lua/includes/modules/draw.lua:144
    3. v - lua/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/precision_align/ui.lua:1821
    4. unknown - lua/includes/modules/hook.lua:75

This gets these errors, and no way am I going back to that easy precision shite.

It isn’t erroring on my end, but I fixed it I, just re download the file.

Thank you kind sir, I am now a happy builder.

Wenli has no say in who releases tools that aren’t released under a license, and garry shouldn’t have removed the working upload from workshop either, he was not obligated to do so.

Wenli said he doesn’t want people uploading his tools for 13 because he wants to fix them, yet he’s been gone for weeks. And people continue to make excuses, (eg. he might be having personal/family problems.) While that’s completely understandable, he obligated his time to fix them when he said he didn’t want others to fix them and began reporting people on the workshop.

Nobody is going to wait a year for a fix to be released when there are more capable people around the forums.

And as for garry removing them, was he not the one who spent like $30,000 to win a court case over a link that was posted on Facepunch? (Because, it was “morally” right?) The same concept applies on a much lower scale here, it’s not illegal for someone to redistribute these tools.

I see no reason not to have a workshop version, or even this thread stay up until Wenli releases his fixes, at least the tools in this condition can be used, even if not to their full potential, this is better than not having them at all until Wenli decides we can.

I don’t get what’s so hard to understand about Wenli not wanting other people to release his tools. Fix it for yourself and run it on your own server, fine. But it’s not for you to distribute…

For god’s sake people, this release has been authorized by wenli.

Wenli has ALLOWED THIS.

Thank FUCK. Goddamn I’ve been waiting for this stuff FOREVER.

<3.

edit:
wait
uh
hey wheres physgun buildmode? :C

Thank you for this thread. :slight_smile:

Fix the rotation menu in PA and you’d be my god.

Dude. I LOVE it to see this addon back alive.

I’m with jelknab on this one, if you can fix constraints, rotation you’d be my god as well.

i get this error when i use shift + left click and no mark, but when i do a second shift + left click i get the mark

there a fix?

Has Wenli decided to fix it yet, or have any one else made a completely working fix of PA yet? I know the thread is bumped, but I wanted to ask since I really, really want this tool. Because currently I can’t use the constraints menu (and probably other things) without getting DC’d with: “Too many lua errors!”.

Link broken :frowning:

http://cdn.summit-gaming.com/palegacy.zip

Above is a revision of the Precision Alignment Tingle1989 linked in this thread. Including a UI Fix and a fix for the Shift point errors.

If you have any problem with this upload refer to: http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1225577&p=38456213&viewfull=1#post38456213