What am I supposed to do in order to upload, on 3DS Max, a "Non-Standard DFF" file?

Hi!

My name is Anthony, and this is my very first thread on Facepunch Forum, so forgive me if this is the wrong section of the Forum. Today I’m here to bring to your attention a problem I’m facing when using Kam’s GTA Scripts to upload DFF models on 3DS Max 2016. Before I move on, let me first say that I already looked on the web, but all the solutions proposed by other users didn’t work at all.

I own GTA V for PC, and I recently extracted both versions of the Cargo Plane used in the mission Minor Turbulence (being cargoplane.yft and cargoplane_hi.yft) together with their textures. But, when I try to upload each of them, after a couple of minutes I get the following message:

I find this message quite unusual, because this is not the first time I upload on 3DS Max a _hi.yft model. I mean, I uploaded different _hi.yft vehicles and aircrafts (such as Space Docker, Z-Type, Insurgent or Atomic Blimp), and everything went just smooth and fine.

That’s why I don’t get the reason behind said automatic import abortions. Might that be related to the high number of details and rendering in the Cargo Plane model? When I convert the YFT file into its DFF version (using DK22Pac’s Converter), the conversion ends successfully, but I get the following warning messages:

The last Warning Message also appeared when I converted both _hi.yft vehicles and aircrafts I already extracted some time ago. I don’t know if it matters, but the models I managed to upload on 3DS Max without any problem are:

• Vehicles such as the Space Docker, Z-Type, Insurgent, Marshall, and The Liberator
  • Aircrafts such as both Blimp variants
  • Both Submarine variants
  • Alien artifacts

What am I supposed to do in order to upload, on 3DS Max, a “Non-Standard DFF” file?

Moreover, forgive my ignorance but…what is a Non-Standard DFF model? And what makes it “Non-Standard”?

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that the last time I looked for a solution, I found an old thread on Facepunch (How to rip models from GTA V.) from back 24th October 2015, where the user named Tomcatters told Lucky9Two to follow a link in order to be able to solve the same problem I’m actually facing. I went to said link too, but when the page loaded I found myself in front of an Account Suspended notification, bringing me back where I started.

UPDATE:

Hello guys, I wanted to let you know that there’s been an update.

I updated the Converter and I also replaced Kam’s Max Scripts with a better one. The problem wasn’t neither the size of the model and the number of its polygons and vertices, nor the file format. It was Kam’s Scripts itself the problem.

With the new script I can upload even very big models in a matter of seconds. And it’s way faster than Kam’s. If you are interested, I can send you a link of the new script.

First of all, HI, and welcome to Facepunch

“Non-Standard DFF” means that .dff is protected mostly to avoid mod stealing. (the data inside the .dff can´t be read on other tools) In some cases, is auto generated when you are using converters as ZModeler, Since KAM decided to block them to avoid more mod stealing But ironically it also causes problems when you use other tools to convert them to .dff (Happends to me to Porting Vehicles from GTA VC/MP3/GTA III TO GTA SA)

Here is the “Non-Standard DFF” converter that fixes that, To use it, just Drag the .dff into the .exe

So, in the case of the Cargo Plane, the protection has been generated when I converted it to DFF? But why it hasn’t happened with other models I extracted from the game?

This makes it even more strange as the original yft model has been converted to dff with DK22Pac’s converter. Besides, how can this be considered mod stealing…if the converted model comes from the game itself?

Thanks, but I already used it and it was a failure…It always gave me an error message.

Because that happens very randomly with several models, I happend to me when I Convert the UFE Armoured Truck from Max Payne 3 (“Non-Standard DFF”) But not happend the same thing with the Jet of the Final Mission. Since Max Payne 3/GTA V YDR/YDD/YFT its format is very different inside the data, when you convert them to .dff to import it with Kam’s GTA Scripts the program can not recognize the data correctly, Making think that .dff is protected or the format is very different than the one used in GTAIII/VC/SA causing "Non-Standard DFF"

I would recommend you that use this tool to convert .yft Since the KAM’s converter does not work well

[editline]24th January 2017[/editline]

And also, what error comes with the z2g_dffconverter ?

[editline]24th January 2017[/editline]

Or use this https://github.com/DK22Pac/v2saconv

I don’t think that the WFTXFT To DFF Converter can work with the yft files, as it accepts just WFT and XFT as formats (GTA V for XBOX).

I can’t remember it right now, but I’ll tell you in a few minutes as I’m about to try it again.

I’ll try this too, thanks.

EDIT:

Wait, but the YTD/YDR/YDD/YFT converter on that GTA Forums thread started by DK22Pac isn’t KAM’s Converter! It’s DK22Pac’s Converter! I was wrong for all this time?

EDIT:

This is the error that comes with the z2g_dffconverter:

EDIT:

How am I supposed to launch v2saconv?

Sorry to say there is nothing I can do, I did everything that I knew

My last option is that the model is too High poly or the data is too obscured or difficult to convert, my last option is that try on use ZModeler3 to convert it to .obj or .3ds

Yes, you´re Using the DK22Pac Converter, but the one of GTA Forums use a very outdated version (Since GTA V X360 data is Different that PC one) the Latest version work with PC version.

Use this one

Latest version: 06.01.2016 Download with binaries https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B3pQzS44FafdbFIxSHpJTUVicTA

When you download

go to converter folder and drag the files intro .exe

I updated the Converter and I also replaced Kam’s Max Scripts with a better one. The problem wasn’t neither the size of the model and the number of its polygons and vertices, nor the file format. It was Kam’s Scripts itself the problem.

With the new script I can upload even very big models in a matter of seconds. And it’s way faster than Kam’s. If you are interested, I can send you a link of the new script.

Hello Anthony!

I’m having the same problem that you had.

Can you share the link of this new updated converter and the link of this new script that you’ve found?

Thanks!!