What are the locations for these files?

I’ve been attempting to use CSS weapons on gmod and it doesn’t seem to work.
I’ve tried doing

and that seems to give an error.

However I’ve seen files like /weapons/pistol.mdl or whatever and I can’t find them in my gmod folder.
i.e

and

I require assistance.

First: ply:Give(WEAPON) not ply:Give(WEAPON_MODEL)
the “models/weapons/w_snip_scout.mdl” is the prop that is seen not the actual weapon

iirc when you mount a game you don’t get the weapon, you only get the models. The weapons need to be coded in lua.

local prop_gun = ents.Create( "prop_physics" )
prop_gun:SetModel( "models/weapons/w_pist_p228.mdl" )
prop_gun:SetPos( Vector( 0,0,100 ) )
prop_gun:Spawn()

that would spawn a prop the looks like a gun.

If you wanted css weapons and don’t know how to code there are addons like CSS Realistic Weapons and Mad Cow Sweps

Oh I see.

Could you answer my other question as well?

models/weapon/theweaponmodel.mdl is the correct place for the world model and view model.

Does that answer you’re question or were you talking about something else?

EDIT: if your talking about where they are, they are in the CSS VPK under “steamapps/common/Counter Strike: Source/cstrike”
you need GCFScape to open them.

Thanks.

I’m looking at this:

It says to input a texture path, where would I find that?

ah textures, textures should also be in the same VPK but they would either be under cstrike/models/textures <-- which I doubt
or something like cstrike/textures/weapon

either way they are VTFs, GCFScape has a built in search function (ctrl+f) and you could try searching for the texture by the weapon name. ex. searching “p228” would return the model, but also anything else that has “p228” in it, like textures (vtf’s + vtm’s) and physics for models and the like.

I also suggest you use the new wiki as much as possible, while the old wiki may have some miscalanious information the new one doesn’t the maurtus.tv one is partially outdated.

[editline]27th June 2013[/editline]

also: http://maurits.tv/data/garrysmod/wiki/wiki.garrysmod.com/index7b77.html <-- gives a bit more information on setTextureID in case you didn’t already look at it