What Are You Working On? -- November 2012

[TABLE=“width: 500, align: center”]

http://4stor.com/storage/waywo2/last.png

[/TABLE]

It’s** no-shave-November**, which means there’s more time for scripting some delicious scripts.

**Scratch that scruffy beard as tiny nasty, sweaty facial hairs fall into your keyboard as you bat each slimey key with your grease-filled fingers away. Coding at full force, the neckbeards will prevail at the end of the month to see who makes jolly ol’ December’s highlights!
Go about and post your awesome things, because we want to see.

A bit early wouldn’t you say it’s, October still here or are you trying to take charge of WAYWO threads?

Movember.

It’s either 44 minutes early, or 9 hours late Eastern time because I need some sleep.
For most of the world though I do believe it’s November :slight_smile:

I just spent like an hour trying to find a way to get the local time’s offset from UTC

Finally got it with this

[lua] _, offset = next( sql.Query( "SELECT STRFTIME( ‘%s’, " … sql.SQLStr( os.date( “%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S” ) ) … “);” )[ 1 ] )
offset = tonumber( offset ) - os.time()[/lua]

am I just really tired and there’s a much simpler way to do this or what

Why not safe as a unix timestamp?

Timestamps are the way to go. os.time()

It wasn’t for storing anything, it was so clients could see what the servers time was, I send the servers offset to the client when they join, find the clients offset, then use that to calculate the offset between the two

Oh hey, new thread. And I have some work to show, too:

I finally got my MUSH’s objects into the database – names, parents, contents/exits, and the the rudimentary basics of a property system. I cannot describe how happy I am right now.

Edit: Next up: a working properties system! Soundscapes! More basic commands! Fucking Telnet support, because it is 4am and I have lost my goddamn mind!

New thread woop

You actually can edit the values manually by clicking on the number, it just doesn’t look like you can do that visually at all. It took me a while to figure that out.
But I like the new sliders, they take up much less space without the loss of precision.

Garry you always get the coolest ratings.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30778198/gm_construct 2012-11-1 08-30-49.webm

Just a bit of progress on Flood Mod, nothing is set in stone yet.
Oh yea, the video recording made the menu transition slower than it should be so you know.

I managed to snatch 3 highlights, woop

You probably made it depending on fps. A Wide = Wide - 1 thing every frame.
It’s better to use the delta of RealTime() or something.

use FrameTime()

Why not just use SizeTo?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4838268/gms_atoll_2008%202012-11-1%2017-51-24.webm

I’m gonna do some cloud rendering next, I’m not sure if I should render them as just a plane or if I should render some fancy sprites

How are you fading between colors that awesomely? I did similar to this a week or so ago except my sky turns ridiculously pink during sunset. :frowning:

He’s obviously not tweening between two colors evenly, but adjusting all three values separately or something. I guess it just takes tweaking.

I have this gigantic table set up
[lua] LightAtTime = {
[0] = {
pattern = “a”,
SkyTop = Vector(0.05, 0.1, 0.25),
SkyBottom = Vector(0.2, 0.25, 0.4),
HDRScale = 0.05,
},
[660] = {
pattern = “a”,
HDRScale = 0.05,
},
[8
60] = {
pattern = “m”,
SkyTop = Vector(0.2, 0.5, 1.0),
SkyBottom = Vector(0.8, 1.0, 1.0),
HDRScale = 0.2,
},
[1860] = {
pattern = “m”,
SkyTop = Vector(0.2, 0.5, 1.0),
SkyBottom = Vector(0.8, 1.0, 1.0),
HDRScale = 0.2,
},
[19
60] = {
pattern = “a”,
HDRScale = 0.05,
},
[1440] = {
pattern = “a”,
HDRScale = 0.05,
},
},[/lua]

I couldent be assed to add the sun color/size in there because it would make it way too much copying to make a sunset look good, so I just used a bit of math for that

[editline]1st November 2012[/editline]

It takes the indecies below and above the current time, and then blends between those

Where is this gigantic table?