What dedicated server for a DarkRP server?

Hello,

I currently have a server DarkRP 50 slots, which works more or less (there are some bug from time to time). However, I would change machine, I am currently torn between two machines. Both are almost identical it is only their CPU and RAM that changes (and the price).

The first costs 120 per month, the second costs 180 per month.
The first possesses the CPU: http://ark.intel.com/products/75779/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-1620-v2-10M-Cache-3_70-GHz
The second possesses the CPU : http://ark.intel.com/products/75780/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-1650-v2-12M-Cache-3_50-GHz

The first possesses 64GB of RAM and the second 120GB of RAM.

I know Garry’s Mod uses a single core because it uses the source engine that’s why I lean more towards the first that has a better clockspeed but maybe I am wrong, what is your opinion?

Sorry for my English, it’s not my native language.

Spending $120/180 a month on just 1 DarkRP server?

Ouch!

In France a dedicated server costing rather expensive: p

That is way too much $$$ for a single server, if you are hosting a single server I suggest a 3 core vps from maybe NFO (don’t need any more than 4gb of ram), if you want to go complete overkill get a dedicated box from OVH. Although you’ll never need that much power for one server and website.

I feel bad for your wallet.

For low budget.
For medium budget
Higher budget.

All from a French parent company. The low budget servers won’t give you good support but brilliant service none the less.

Well, i know but i want to expend my community, open a Dayz Gmod serveur, smash, prophunt and other “minigame” like that.

And for the medium budget, it’s in beta :confused:

I think that i will take the 1st at 120$ per month (during 6 month and then 100$ per month)

But why would you do that if you can get roughly the same type of thing for a cheaper price?

I’d love to hear where you’re getting these servers from. This sounds like some pretty damn good pricing for the servers, almost too good to be true.

Say those words in Australia people will think you are insane. I have never seen an Australian dedicated server with more than 32GB ram under $400-500AUD

If you want to host only DarkRP - rent a VPS or search for good hosting provider in your country.