What design features should a territory capture/defend map have?

I’m wondering about the layout of a map that fits a territory capture game mode where two or more teams battle each other to take and hold each other’s territory.

Example of this functionality on my shitty test map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch8xO20ibGc [kind of hard to see but in the top left corner it shows which teams have which territories]

I’m thinking of an urban setting that has the structures and features of Baltimore city streets and buildings that you see in the TV show The Wire.

Some examples [spoiler alert]:

Google Streetview examples of where some of the show was filmed:

I’d like to hear some thoughts on what would be good to include. Specific or general thoughts, it doesn’t matter.

By the way, ultimately I’m going to have to pay for someone to create it for me because I am not good at mapping.

I’d love to make a map for this gamemode, without any payment of course

Go for it

What about the setting? If its a gangser like thing I would make a drug lab or something as a spawn location

Do whatever feels right, I don’t really care.

What I was picturing when I started with the gamemode was streets, alleys, maybe some shops you can go into. Spawn location, probably some crappy house. Basically something that looks like the streetview links and show clips above.