What happened to Spacebuild 2?

Hello, I decided today to get back into Gmod (to test out my new 28" LCD and to celebrate my summer break from college). I have been able to find all of the good mods that I had except Spacebuild 2. I was not able to find it anywhere. I looked on facepunch, google, garrysmod.org and the SB2 svn. Even the Spacebuild 2 thread has been destroyed: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=425094&highlight=spacebuild+2 I would really appreciate it if someone could post a working link or re-upload it.

The reason I want this is because I want to use the Spacebuild enhancement project for which SB2 is listed as a requirement.

Any help or information is appreciated.

Thanks.

SB2 is horribly outdated. Get SB3 and all required addons here:http://www.snakesvx.net/index.php/module_Wiki/title_Help_Info_SVN

I think I remember trying SB3/LS3/RD3 and not liking it.

[editline]08:52PM[/editline]

I am still looking

Nope,
#1: http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.php?p=17117940&postcount=848
#2: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=425094&highlight=spacebuild+2
#3: http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.php?p=17067164&postcount=209

Most stuff in SBEP has been updated to work with SB3. Only some SB/LS based things will still work with SB2…

Yeah but where can i get spacebuild three, not spacebuildmodelpackalpha2 ?

I miss SB2.
SB3 has lost the fun.

Now you see the BEST thing someone could do… would be to name SB2 “Spacebuild Classic”, fix the bugs, clean up the code, SVN it and launch.

By removing the “2” it won’t seem old any more, and by removing the bugs, will improve it.

Marketing Hax + a little code goes a long way. If someone wants to do this, PLEASE do it correctly and don’t mess it up or write messy Lua that doesn’t quite work or adds useless features or it will just make even more of a mess. It needs to be almost perfect. I can’t do it, I don’t have the time…

SB with all the life support crap stripped out of it, the bugs fixed, and compatibility with both SB2 and SB3 maps would be heaven to me. Someone tried to make something like that once, but never bothered to actually make it work.

I remember a time when spacebuild literally overflowed with creative players, but now hardly anyone plays. And if they do, then not for very long.

Because creativity was soon overrun with impatience and what’s the point if someone makes a wire cannon panel that instantly blows up your ship, because most of those servers had some form of weaponry, be it GCombat or something else :|.

With CDE released, it may be viable again - contraptions having one unified health meter instead of individual props means that well armoured ships would actually be well armoured.

I remember the good old SB2. A group I was with had a SB2 server and we had a bit of trouble keeping it stable because it would crash and most of the restarts had to be done manually.

Not to mention the load of users and their ships that have a ridiculous prop count ships complaining that their ship wasn’t causing the lag. There was also the minges who would spam the CDS weapons, try and explode as many fusion reactors as possible, and others who would try and crash the server.

SB2 isn’t stable that’s for damn sure. I would love that someone would just remake the entire concept from scratch along with a different name. Keeping it simple but modular to fit an assortment of needs and not having to force people to use things they don’t like.

My enjoyment for SpaceBuild died after V2. Everything was so simple back then. Plus you could get away with using a Climate Regulator on anything.

However, servers were quite… unstable back then. Hard to build anything without massive lag. And idiot admins disabling noclip so you couldn’t really build your ship the way you want.

That is one of the things that really annoyed me. It is pretty hard to get a ship in good condition no matter how small without noclip.

Lemme guess the reasoning behind the anti-noclip (we all heard it before):

This was the top reason admins told me why I can’t have noclip.

That’s when I learned to build everything in SP. Thanks to AdvDupe… which at the time didn’t know anything about.

This would be GREAT!

Current spacebuild is total bonkers with all the crap you have to do with life support and shit. I remember the very first version by jA c0p - It had AIR. None of this coolant/gas/heavy water/marmite nonsense, just nice lovely AIR.

[editline]02:30AM[/editline]

Back in the day, noclip was enabled on most servers then got disabled on someone as soon as they left a planet. It was possible to jump planets, but you had to be spot-on with your trajectory and speed.

And the planet couldn’t be too far away, or else you’d die when you ran out of air. As for Spacebuild being re-written, it’d be nice for it to have all the lag removed first off, I think the extra LS crap is bearable as long as you don’t drop to 5 FPS when looking at a pile of it.

I agree with UberMensch on this one. While I have not played spacebuild, I could certainly get into a gamemode like that, should someone make it. I love to build things and be creative, but from the sound of it the excessive complexity turns me off from the idea of getting this gamemode right now. Maybe just an air tank system, that refills when you land on a planet? That’d be fairly simple, wouldn’t it?

Hey, if you have RD3/LS3, just remember to link the generator/weapons to the node, not the energy cells, before you get outraged about"Invalid Combination".

[editline]08:31PM[/editline]

Of course rerring to that.