What ideas do you guys have?

Just curious what type of stuff will you guys be creating or thinking of doing with sandbox after the game releases?

Looking to get some creative juices flowing lol.

11 Likes

DarkRP 2.0

18 Likes

i can’t tell you my secrets

i need to make my millions somehow…

7 Likes

Haha fair enough ^^

1 Like

im gonna say it; darkrp

4 Likes

darkrp . but i really enjoyed escape from tarkov so i have in mind to do something similar.

3 Likes

seeing the sausage man playermodels, I wanna make some really random arena fighting gamemode with lots of funky bits to it

3 Likes

I think that would be cool something like gladiator arena with 1 vs 1?

1 Like

more like minigames plus deathmatch. like random and colourful stuff, idk

3 Likes

HL2RP or another shitty rp gamemode

4 Likes

Mainly building tools that I wish were possible in gmod. The big one is creating collision meshes on the fly, and doing that inside the sandbox gamemode. This would do wonders for creating physics based contraptions.
Something else I would like to try implementing is a comprehensive way to create constraints precisely without it being a pain like it is with Precision Alignment in Gmod. I would try to do something close to the way “mates” are handled in SolidWorks.

9 Likes

VR if it is posible and somethink like VR chat but with players and sand box zones

3 Likes

lol vr sandbox would be cool, gotta wait and see how well vr will be integrated into the main game, if at all

5 Likes

VR is something they want to do, however garry is not looking foward to re-adding all of the VR code he ripped out in october. In any case, it doesn’t have to be ready at launch

5 Likes

i think that GMod Tower had great potential

4 Likes

being able to grab onto a rope, dumb idea but I like it. the ability to create a plate(object) of the desired size and shape. parallelepiped 2x2x2 for example

3 Likes

I’d like to use S&box as a platform for experimental multiplayer experiences. I’ll build maps & gamemodes for it.

Was thinking about reinventing “Jailbreak”. More immersive map.

Lol we should bring back elevator. 2010 random internet humor.

8 Likes

I agree, making something like a better version of MapPatcher into s&box would be pretty cool imo, or maybe even have a hammer-like interface in-game

2 Likes

Garry said it would be a waste to not use the tools made by valve for Source 2 because of how good they are, and by what I’ve heard, they are indeed almost all you can ask for. However, the question in my mind is how much friction those tools would pose to the classic sandbox (gamemode) bullshitery and communal creation.
Like, if I’m creating some complex geometry in modeldoc or whatnot, will people connected to the server I’m on in sbox be able to see anything happening? Will somebody else be able to import the geometry I streamed to the server in to their own editor and edit it themselves?

4 Likes

i’m gonna recreate my magnum opus in due time

6 Likes