What the fuck, I just lost all of my GMod addons

This happened after I downloaded Steam and logged in on a different computer, not sure if it’s related but it probably is.

So I had to re-download ALL of my Steam games onto this computer (the orignial one, different one to the above mentioned), which had never happened to me before. After a few days of downloading, I finally got to play GMod. But none of my addons were installed. This probably means I’ll need to re-download all of THEM again, (confirm?) which is really fucking annoying.

Anyway, I just wanted to know WHY this happened.

Did you go and uninstall steam in the process? That may have caused it.

I don’t think I did, and I can’t imagine why I would’ve.

this is why i make a backup onto my other hard drive

… when you lose gmod files that includes the mods

Make sure you logged on to the same account… Different accounts have different game folders.

Have an ‘optomistic’.

But the thing is, I don’t know how I lost my GMod files.

Same account. 100% sure of that.

[editline]02:39PM[/editline]

Okay seriously, this is retarded. When I look in my addons folder, I still have everything I had before this happened. But when I go into GMod, NONE of it is there.

Are you sure you weren’t dreaming?

OK that doesn’t help at all…

BUT I do know what may be causing the problem. Do all the files in your addons folder have the INFO text? if it’s in the addons folder that’s essensial.

I don’t know, and I can’t check right now. But I’ll get back to you on that one. Where is it located anyway?

do you have another drive you can put it all on or just a seperate folder?

move everything out of your c:\program files\steam\steamapps
ame\garrysmod\garrysmod folder, then delete it. start up gmod to let it rebuild and slowly put stuff back in it til it breaks again

The INFO text should be included in the file of the addon you downloaded. If it doesn’t have the INFO text then you should probably either not download it or just put it in your garrysmod folder.

Nevermind about those ‘ghost’ addons, they’e disappeared. Somehow.

Okay seriously, this is retarded. When I look in my addons folder, I still have everything I had before this happened. But when I go into GMod, NONE of it is there.
[/QUOTE]

Oh THAT’S what you meant so you still have the FILES for the mods right and when you load gmod no mods are there

Read my previous post. They’ve all disappeared form my addons folder now.

[editline]10:20PM[/editline]

What’s up with the quote system messing up?

I download addons from the workshop but they say i have them install but they are not there when i start play

(User was banned for this post ("Terrible bump" - Craptasket))

there is a virus that’s on Gmod Right now where it dose something to your addons file as a sideafacked to it’s ment to do i dont know what its ment to do but i havwe it as well so if i was you i would’nt play Gmod untill its safe

I see you are new here. So I am going to give you a little tip. Do not say what you do not know. If you spent 2 minutes searching this issue, you would know that this issue is caused by some screwups with the steam servers, not a virus. Gmod cannot get viruses like that