What the hell happened to PERP2?

Ok i was just wondering what the hell happened to PERP2? and the whole pulsareffect site?

It is down and dead. Since about April or so. Not coming back up. Ever. Probably. Toilet paper waffles.

Holy shit! really? my god…that was my favourite rp :C…i figured though because it was down for so long

From my understanding, Eternal Prophets bought PERP 2 and are running a new server for it.

Is it still the PERP2 gamemode?

PERP died a long time ago. We had about 20 threads about it.

No, the only leaked gamemode is a early version of perp1, which is full of backdoors.

Actualy it is perp2, they wasted a lot of money getting it from Hunts.

Since when did he sell?

About 2 weeks ago.

Yep, Hunts was selling the gamemode to the highest bidder from my POV. Anyways, PERP 2 is a big moneymaking script anyways.

But Perp 1 when it was coded completely before perp 2 was still better than perp 2. Atleast that what most people I talked to thought.

It was an improvement in terms of mechanics, the only problem with PERP 2 for me was the small map.

yeah, and Evocity2_v2p crashes on load for everybody and their mom including me…

get a better computer. AMAZING!
that or learn how to optimally run gmod.

Yeah uh, I have an i7 with a GTX295 and 6GB of ram. I tried running it on an absolutely STOCK gmod. Still failed misreably. Yeah I have that launch command too.

Yeah, for me this error has spanned across my windows versions, it crashed in multiplayer on vista and on win7 now…although, I’m using the same harddrive…it might be a hard drive issue but when I crash I get hl2.exe has stopped responding and in event viewer it shows 0xc0000005 and I looked up the hexidecimal meaning and it’s some access violation deal with client.dll in garrysmod:

Faulting application name: hl2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4c0de821
Faulting module name: client.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4c2a469f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0029632d
Faulting process id: 0xfa4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb1c2c5b7fc412
Faulting application path: t:\program files\steam\steamapps\av3nger138\garrysmod\hl2.exe
Faulting module path: t:\program files\steam\steamapps\av3nger138\garrysmod\garrysmod\bin\client.dll
Report Id: 7ffba836-8821-11df-b54c-e0cb4e320ca6

and there is no space in between the word garrysmod it’s just a copy paste screw up I guess.

Works just fine for me.

PERP2 was sold to Eternal Prophets for $500. But still, Hunts made nearly $40,000 from donations.

The original PERP script is widely in use, it’s been leaked a thousand times by a thousand different people.

Now some servers are claiming to have PERP3, which doesn’t exist, just a way to get people to join.

In my honest opinion, the original PERP is better because it’s not as laggy. PERP2 added a lot more lag than before.

Where the fuck did you get the number 40k from?
You seriously believe you can ‘earn’ that much from donations which should be for the server and the community, it’s a really ass move to take the money hrmm