What's the situation with Linux?

Hey!

So I’m aware S&box is not slated to support linux, but supported and able to run is two different things. Is there any special windows-only sauce that is stopping you from running S&box on linux using a middleware like Wine? Any reliance on windows-only .NET frameworks?

Best wishes

3 Likes

Server will be runnable on Linux, client, I don’t think will natively, maybe with proton

2 Likes

There are .NET frameworks for Linux (I’ve noticed Linux has been getting it’s dicked sucked by Microsoft recently.) and it could be possible with Proton. I feel as if they need a server client for Linux that doesn’t use Wine, which is dog shit to run on a translator to make something make sense to the Linux kernel. Linux is really the best option for server hosting and it personally is my favorite operating system. I would hate to see Facepunch stop supporting Linux over the years, that would make me sad because I really like Facepunch and their games.

3 Likes

The main issue will be getting the tools to pay nicely, since they’re the other half of s&box.

2 Likes

Yeah.

2 Likes