When will Rust go into beta?

So Rust has been in Alpha for 6 or 7 months now? I tried searching in the FAQ section and on Playrust.com but couldn’t find an answer. How long do games typically remain in Alpha for?

I guess what I’m really asking is how long until all the games planned features are completed? As I understand it Alpha is an unfinished game. Beta is the finished game but still in the process of fixing some bugs / optimising the games performance?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did try to find an official answer.

Only time will tell I guess.

anyone else have an idea?

Timelines are meaningless, follow the devs’ Trello and when it’s done it’s done.

As Rsms and outlawpickle said, we can’t really know. We just have to wait! : )

I hope they make this game better during alpha before they move into beta.

Hope this game is still under 50% done. Cuz I’d like to see more things to do\craft + maybe graphics update for the beta or finished version ? 1 to 2 years is generally what an alpha takes to go into beta.

What I’d like to see is a robust modding platform alike to Garry’s Mod so that even if the development is done officially, communities will enjoy the game for many years to come.

The game is in alpha as long as it’s necessary. If you try to speed it up towards beta or finished game it will just ruin the game.

graphic update? cant be serious. dayz has less. your asking to much for a small team. game looks decent enuff.

I was thinking more like antialiasing + complete video options menu. I think its fair enough for an update isn’t it ?

They still have to do a complete weapons overhaul, add the real map, add many new items and research progression.

Lots to do before beta.

Anyone else have ideas?

You see this is why you plan out what your making before you make it know the features you want in it eventually and make it good from the start so updates take less time and the players have some stuff to experiment with it while waiting for it to go into beta or further and they won’t have to wait a year or so