Where are workshop models located?

Hello there!

First post here so be nice to me :slight_smile:
I’ve read around and I think this would be the appropriate place for this question, and I can’t find an answer using the search function.

Anyway, so I have a server setup that is running deathrun together with point shop.
In the player models that you can choose, there is one example script that looks like this

ITEM.Name = 'Kleiner'
ITEM.Price = 250
ITEM.Model = 'models/player/kleiner.mdl'

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
        if not ply._OldModel then
                ply._OldModel = ply:GetModel()
        end

timer.Simple(1, function() ply:SetModel(self.Model) end)
end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
        if ply._OldModel then
                ply:SetModel(ply._OldModel)
        end
end

function ITEM:PlayerSetModel(ply)
        ply:SetModel(self.Model)
end

Now, this is the first time in years that I’ve setup a srcds server, and I’ve never really tried doing this so :slight_smile:

What I want to know, is where “models/player/kleiner.mdl” is located, because I can’t seem to find that file.
It’s also possible that it doesn’t exist, but if I join the server and check the player model in point shop, then the 3D model renders in the menu at least, although I haven’t tried it (maybe I need it to mount HL2 or something?).

Also, my server downloads a collection from steam workshop, which contains some maps and some player models, and what I want to do now is to add those player models to the point shop.
Is there any information somewhere on how I would go about doing this? :slight_smile:

Help would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

kleiner.mdl is inside the Garry’s Mod .vpk’s which can be opened using GCFScape. To use workshop models, open up the .gma with the files in it using GMad and just look at what the path is to the model.

Yup, this worked perfectly.

Thanks a bunch code_gs! :slight_smile: