where can i get a sdk for half life?

i wanted to make a map but i dont have half life:source. can anyone help?.

[editline]02:57PM[/editline]

anyone?

Few things, half life isn’t a type of game thats even worth mapping. I dont think they have one for half life because its so outdated that Source SDK overrules it. So even if there is a SDK for half life. Theres a 98% chance you ** wont ** find it. If you have half life 2 use source SDK. If you have CSS use source SDK. If you just have half life. Then your stuck, finding programs for games from like 1996 probably will never ever be found because no one ever uses them anymore. Anyone that maps source games mostly uses the the source engine(found in half life 2) because it offers alot of effects. Mapping a HL1 game could just be completely damn right a waste of time.

The only thing I recommend is if you do not have CSS or HalfLife 2. Your pretty much stuck where you are. Rather thatm or buy half life source and map it. Its really up to you.

You could try the original Worldcraft, but I think there is a version of Hammer for HL1, I just can’t remember where to get it.

EDIT: Try this.

so you mean Hammer 3.5?

1. some people still find it enjoyable to map for goldsrc.
  2. just because it’s older doesn’t automatically make it shit.
  3. there is an “SDK” (really just a standalone hammer) available to anyone with a quick google search ( http://www.google.com/search?q=Valve+Hammer+Editor+3.5&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a )
  4. It’s available on both softpedia and filefront, what more do you want?
  5. There’s still a lot of guides and people out there who still map for goldsrc.
  6. Of course all Source mapping would be done in the Source SDK, it’s the Source engine
  7. Effects? like crossfade or pixelate?
  8. Stop posting bullshit on the internet before you know what you are talking about.

And here is a good guide to the old hammer:

It is actually for quake but it is pretty much the same:

Half-Life 1 is cool.