Where does one find good gun/war sounds?

I know this isn’t a mapping question, but I can’t think of a better place to put this. What is a good site that has nice gun sounds that are free? It doesn’t get much more complex than that.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gun+sounds Here I found some.

Hehe, you’re a clever one aren’t you?

However, I’ve already checked google and all of the sounds I have found are low quality. I’m looking for some high quality gun sounds that don’t cost money.

Well then I can’t help you, sorry.

Thanks anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I know at the beginning of a few songs sometimes they have sounds like that. You mean like ambient war sounds in the distance like COD series tends to use?

Nope, I’m talking about high quality first person firing sounds. All but maybe 2 or 3 of the free sounds I’ve found seem muffled and distant.

check some css sounds mods in fpsbanana or other sites

Oh wow. Thanks for that idea. Some of those are really good. If it matters I’m planning on using them with a UDK project. I just hope it isn’t illegal to bring them over to the UDK.

Yeah, FPSBanana is where I’d look. They have some really high quality gun sounds. If you’re worried about usage of people’s work, just PM them. Or give attribution in final project.

My personal favourite.

You can also use other game sounds and alter their pitch :ssh:

DoD: Source? HL2? Etc. Plenty of sounds there. Oh and CSS.