Where to learn lua, tips, advice,links, how did you lean lua

Hey there, I keep having ideas for gmod, i am just not very good at lua, and normally end up running to google or youtube, then facepunch when i cannot work something out,
I have noticed multiple gmod wiki sites for lua coding, which one is most recommended
Also, how did you learn lua?
Any recommended tutorials or sites?
I do not want to keep running back to facepunch asking for help on code, i want to learn lua, i know it will take a while, and alot of time, but i have time, and i want to learn

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

What exactly are you struggling with and how far into learning are you?

Here are some resources which may help you:

The Lua manual, this will definitely help you get started!

The New Garry’s Mod Wiki, has a ton of information, how to use the function calls, how to integrate vgui elements, and more!

Not everything is on the new Garry’s Mod Wiki yet, if it’s not there, it’s here. There is a lot of things that has changed since Garry’s Mod 12, to Garry’s Mod 13. This is primarily for 12.
http://maurits.tv/data/garrysmod/wik...index4875.html

One of the best places to start, if by modifying TTT. Start by changing the sweps, more realistic fire-rates, balance the damage, add a feature which changes the cone based on if you’re moving, firing from the hip, aiming down the sights, crouching, holding the walk button, etc etc. Start small, start by doing simple things and work your way up!

I understand the basic hooks and functions, just the basics

I have edited guns to work with ttt, change damage, some basic ttt stuff

[editline]8th September 2013[/editline]

Thanks so much! <3