Where.. You put... THE FUCKING FILES!

I made this for one purpouse: To kill that annoying question “Where do I put it?”, we’ve all heard it, and it’s annoying as fuck…

This is what you do:

A) It’s an addon:
If you go into the files, and you see a file called “Info.txt”, then it goes into addons.

B) It’s not:
If you don’t see a file with the exact file called “Info.txt”, then it’s not an addon.

Put it in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/I’m a fucking moron who can’t figure this out on my own*/garrysmod/garrysmod.

*Username may vary.

A third option:
Make an addon out of the files, in case it’s not an addon.

This will NOT work for things that replaces other things, but it will work for additional content such as models or ragdolls or scripts.

Copy/pase this into a text file name name it “Info”:

"AddonInfo"
{
    "name"                "Addonless Files"
    "version"            "1.0"
    "up_date"            "May 2010"
    "author_name"        "Vince (Since technically he made THE ADDON, but only, the addon itself, not the content."
    "author_email"        ""
    "author_url"        ""
    "info"                "This is where I keep all my addonless files."
    "override"            "0"
}

There, now make a folder called “AddonlessFiles”, put it in there. From now on, put ALL addonless files in there. If you download a sound or skin replacement, you could try to put it in here, odds are it won’t work. But if you set the “override” part to “1” instead “0”, there is a chance it will. I’m not sure, since I’ve never tried it.

There, now you should know what to do. So in the future, don’t bother your friends with it, eventually you’ll find them standing over you in your sleep muttering things like “It will be all over once I’m done.”

Where do you go to get to the files dude?

I approve of this product and/or service.

If you want to make non-addon mod to addon, just add info.txt and if it replaces/overrides something, set override to 1 from info.txt

There is a sticky in Help & Support which includes installation tutorials.

OP lacks pretty pictures, people it applies to can’t read it.

Well I did manage to find a very useful picture to help them

http://familyrights.us/images/cps_brain_in_ass.jpg

Thay guy has a brain inside his ass

that looks more like a woman by the dress… what dude wears a dress…

A tranny?

[editline]10:07PM[/editline]

:v:

And there’s my laugh for the day.