Who Exactly Gets The Beta?

Call me stupid, but Garry hasn’t exactly specified which groups, servers, etc. will have access to the Beta. I just thought maybe other people had more information. He says, “It will be a closed beta and I’ll be handing out keys to people I feel will be able to contribute to the process.” I’m assuming it’s close friends, or maybe Gold members of the forums? Perhaps top bug contributors on the forums.

Anyone have any additional information?

Has nothing to do with Gold members, just so you know.

Well, you never know. I hope he would pick it based on Lua knowledge / a history of reporting new bugs.

What he said from his Blog

" It will be a closed beta and I’ll be handing out keys to people I feel will be able to contribute to the process."

He’s not defined anyone, it could be anyone here.

From what I understand it’s to a fair few of the decent LUA coders that are around.

I think if you run a gamemode on a few servers and ask nicely he will let you into the beta. I don’t see why not. The whole idea is to fix the major changes he is mentioning.

It’ll most likely involve the Lua programmers, I expect.

It’s going to be people that will be able to take all the new stuff and update/fix addons and broken scripts before the real release, that way there isn’t many things completely broken when the update releases. So yes, lua devs will get it.

Gold Members only.

The obvious people would be the devs of Wiremod and probably the devs of PHX.
and as was said the people who report lotsa bugs.

-snip-

Found the gears: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=111136

It’ll be pretty much all lua coders (non-lua coders couldn’t beta test lua code)

The fuck?

I’m getting Beta, Because I’m awesome :3