Why am i lagging with my specs?

For an unknown reason i can only play the game on lowest settings and lowest resolution and still with slight lags please tell me what do i need to do apart from buying a new computer, i am in the middle of building a new one but i want to use this in the mean time…

My specs:

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 2.27GHz

Installed Memory 4GB (3.86 Useable)

Windows 7 - 64 bit Operating System

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 GPU

I think this is pretty decent for a laptop, i have a Sony Vaio laptop and it runs Skyrim on medium perfectly smooth and on high just with slight lag. This is a decent machine but what is the problem then!?

The game isn’t very optimized at the moment. It’ll become more and more optimized later in development.
Just hold on.

I think it is something to do with the Unity 3D engine as a game called StarForge which is also created in Unity 3D runs even worse on my laptop. But still anything i can do to play this game smoothly on simple graphics at least and maybe full resolution?

To be honest your GPU kinda sucks, and I’m not surprised its not running well for you. Especially given the game’s performance issues.

Wait until they optimise the game.

I rubber band all over the place with this game, my PC has fairly decent specs but I have to play with a 300ish ping (due to location). The lag is not apparent in any other games with a similar ping (BF4, PS2, War Z, Arma 3 etc) but rust.

I guess it may well be the optimization, but its so frustrating getting thrown back all the time.

Intel Core i7 3770K 3.40GHz @ 4.60GHz DDR3 
SLI GTX 670s
16GB RAM

Beef up your ram to 8GB if you can and get the latest beta Mobility driver - http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx
Since your on a laptop, I’m not sure if it’s worth upgrading your GPU. But if you can it would help.

Laptop man, laptop.