Why is Rust popular ?

I think rust is popular because of the differnce this is to other games. People love survival games/zombie games. These types of games are getting very popular in the gaming world. This game is very easy to start playing for hours upon hours. Most people like this game because of crafting, resource gathering, base building, and especially PvP. This game has many to offer like teaming up, Clan wars and battles. There is also a strategic part of this game like when you’re going to raid.
If this game is good now just imagine how good it will be in the future.

The game isn’t good now mate. I’m really not sure why we’ve had ten thousand reddit/4chan/9gag members rush in since June/July. The game is way too overhyped by the community.

In conclusion, it’s popular but not worthy of the cringeworthy posts made by those desperate to obtain a key.

I understand what you mean but don’t forget its a browser game and in alpha stages.
I hope you understand me

Its only popular because you are on a forum sub section for Rust. Go to some other game forum and tell me if rust is popular there.

Because it’s a mix of other popular games like Minecraft, Dayz, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Games that are often frequented by younger people. You’re on the money mate, good first post.

No.1: this game is not even out yet it’s in alpha stages
No.2: why would this game be on a different forum there’s no other game on here
No.3: Frankie got 500,000 views on a rust video he uploaded and you are saying this game isn’t popular
I respect your dicision.

[editline]18th July 2013[/editline]

The game is good oh and it’s in alpha.

People love the mix between those games. But in my opinion it’s nothing like dayZ you only say it’s like minecraft because of the crafting (Did minecraft make crafting) I don’t think so. It is only a little bit related to stalker

People love the mix between those games. But in my opinion it’s nothing like dayZ you only say it’s like minecraft because of the crafting (Did minecraft make crafting) I don’t think so. It is only a little bit related to stalker

Frankie has 782,000 subs, of course he’s going to get 500k views. He normally gets 1 million views on his other videos (?)

Oh Jesus.

He has 12,000 comments, the majority is telling him to play more.

because you cant play it

It so much different things rolled into the same game,
you have survival, crafting, building, pvp etc etc
It’s great to spectate and stream.
It’s very noticeable and apparent done by gamers for gamers, they know there shit.

Most of the whine and sarcasm is made by those who cant get access.
I have not played it, but after more than 30+ years of gaming,
this group with Garry has the potential to make a kick ars game

I’m ‘whining’…but I’ve got a key? Oops.

No other game on here…

Ever heard of this little game called garrys mod?

no offence to ya sir, just apparently many on other media trash it as they dont have play it yet

What about Garry’s Mod?

You’ll find that before Facepunch was plagued with thousands of new members in the recent months, a lot of us easily acquired rust keys (You just had to type in 000000) and didn’t really find it exciting. Most members (esp. golds) with a join date before June '13 have played it afaik

That’s because he made the game you don’t see gta on here do you.

Nick it people like you who are ruining games your just being stuck up

Found it…
http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1250426

That was amazing. xD

Coverage in gaming media and scarcity of key availability I reckon coupled with people wanting to play DayZ due to playthroughs but being unwilling to pay for it

Rust itself looks like it could definitely blossom into something fantastic however.