Why the fuck is it so hard deleting maps?

And other objects…shouldn’t there be an in game function to easily remove downloads?

It took more time for you to write this than it would’ve deleting 3 maps.

The problem is that you could have the map open, and when you delete it, your game could be corrupt.

Maybe there should be an addon that can run clientside that can delete your map file though…

Usefulness: None

Intelligence: -100

not possible

How to delete maps

1. Make sure you are not in a game
  2. Go to wherever_steam_is/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/maps/ and delete the maps there
  3. Go to garrysmod/garrysmod/download/maps and delete those maps
  4. Done

Hard? Maybe for someone like you, yes.

Thanks. And yes, that’s fucking stupid you have to navigate through BOTH those directories to find your maps. I don’t get why it’s so hard to program something in game to delete shit.

do you want me to make a program that brings you to your maps directory?

If you don’t get why it’s so hard to program something like this, then why don’t you do it yourself? Instead of ranting about a 4 step process (courtesy of YourStalker) just do it and be quiet. If you don’t like it then don’t do it. Stop complaining about something so simple.

Why is it so hard?

I have a feeling you would explode if you had to manually convert raw audio files in audacity one at a time without batch conversion.

He never said it was, it’s a waste of effort though. It’s not like it takes THAT long to go through your maps directorys to delete everything.

That was really hard oh man.

To be honest, it’s only a pain to delete stuff from gmod if it’s on the Workshop and you forget to unsubscribe before hand.

Otherwise having a folder called Garrysmod/maps and garrysmod/downloads/maps kinda makes sense

That wouldn’t actually remove the map from your game, if you have it subscribed it’s going to download again - if you don’t it wouldn’t mount anyway.

If you’re going to try and be smart, don’t be so stupid?

but due to common sense, unsubscribing would be the first thing they would do if they didn’t want the map.

If you need that step explained to you, then you must be pretty dumb.

Well I just explained it to you, insulting yourself is silly ya know.

You cannot mount a GMA without subscribing, which actually really sucks and I wish you could. So deleting it the way you showed is completely pointless.

Read the first post. The guy wants to know how to actually delete content.

Not just get it out of the game.