Will the graphics power of this be enough?

I’m currently researching about rust requirements, and some pre-built pcs (yes, i know all the pc dudes build their own) Every other spec is perfect for rust, but i need to know about graphics cards. Under the specs i found this:

NVIDIA GeForce GT610 1GB Video Card | 24X DVD±RW Dual-Layer Drive | Audio: 7.1 Channel | Gigabit LAN | Keyboard and Mouse

What does this mean, and am i in the clear to run rust at at-least medium graphics?

If not, please tell me which card i should be looking for. 60 fps is my goal.

not sure about that disc drive…

[editline]21st September 2014[/editline]

but actually though with that card you’ll probably do okay with low-medium, probably don’t expect 60fps though, that’s a pretty entry level card

I would get a better G card. This one even though its capable of running rust its not really worth. You can get a MUCH MUCH better card for the same price or a little bit more.

2 things you must keep in mind :

1 ) Price
2 ) It’s worth? i mean, how long do i plan on keeping this card?

If you get this one you’ll problably either have to upgrade quite soon or you’ll just pay too much for a bad card.

In my humble opinion i would save a bit more and buy a better card.

PS: If i’m not mistaken the GT cards are mostly multimidia one and are not really meant for gaming performance.

Also, I wouldn’t expect to always get a constant 60FPS in Rust Experimental right now. As the developers are constantly adding new content and changing stuff, sometimes things get broken. Sometimes you will start off at 60+ FPS, but after a little while of playing it gets worse. Or some days when you log in it will be a lot worse than others because they are testing how something affects performance. It should all get sorted out by the time it is finally finished though.

(he’s not thinking of buying that card, he’s thinking of buying a prebuilt computer that already has that card)

the problem you’re facing here is you’re looking at prebuilt computers. i’m not going to make the stereotypical, cliche exclamation that prebuilts are sin. that’s far from the truth, i prefer to build them myself, but not what i’m gonna get into. the problem with prebuilt computers is if it’s not a “PRO 1337 GAMING PC WITH WATER COOLING AND LED LIT WINDOW CASE STARTING AT $2000” prebuilt computer, it’s gonna be a “okay for maybe watching movies and printing shit starting at i guess like $300 or whatever look at all the butterfly pictures you can look at” family computer.

So I know this isn’t exactly what you asked for, but I cant help myself sometimes. I enjoy building PC’s and looking up new builds. There are a number of other websites you can visit to customize your own PC’s within a set of given compatible parts. I have purchased a laptop for my sister and a gotten a handful of my friends to purchase PC’s from CyberPower’s website. Never had any problems with them and everyone I know who purchase from them seems to be happy with their PC’s and customer service. I am not affiliated with them in any way, I am simply a satisfied customer.

Here is link (below) to a build that I came up with for just under $900 USD that should play Rust and pretty much any other game you throw at it on medium to high settings at around 60FPS. It also has a little extra in the power supply department for upgrading to a new video card down the line and adding more hard drives or optical drives. Keep in mind that this build comes with ZERO accessories such as Monitors, Keyboard/Mice, Speakers (I am assuming you have these already). You can also still play with any of the choices I made to change this build to better suite your needs/style. You can also change the Operating System to Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) at no extra cost (3rd tab Software & Services) if you prefer that over Windows 8.1 (64-bit).

(This build is only saved for 7 days as of this posting, after that the link is no longer what I chose)

For those not wanting to click the link, here are the basics:
Gaming Chasis: CYBERPOWERPC X-Saber w/ USB 3.0, Large Side Panel Window (Black with Blue LED)
Extra Case Fans: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 3.20 GHz 6MB LGA1150
CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: * Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler w/ PWM fan - Efficient Cooling Performance
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z97-D3H ATX w/ Realtek GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 3 PCI, 6x SATA 6Gb/s (Pro OC Certified)
RAM / System Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
Video Card: MSI Twin Frozr NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Single Card)
Power Supply: 750 Watts - Thermaltake SMART Series SP-750PCBUS 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Hard Drive: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD (Single Drive)
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

To answer the original question: if my 5-year-old Radeon HD4870 can run Rust at full graphics without so much of a hiccup then I’m pretty sure a GT610 can handle it just fine.

My old GT440 could run just fine on low with stable 50+ FPS.

My friend plays on a gt610. You will have to play on low res low settings.