I am trying to host a GMod server on w(h)ine, once again. Problem is the server behaves very oddly. For example:
- Drops all client connections without any reason. Clients receive connection problem but are still “connected” because if clients press disconnect server console still shows “disconnect by user”
- Kicks players after 5 minutes with reason “Invalid Steam UserID ticket”
- Doesn’t show “Vac secure mode disabled/enabled”
– Or shows after 2-5 minutes
– Or displays the message once in a while
– Or doesn’t display at all
(I haven’t found the absolute/provable cause for any of these so speculations/information is appreciated)
Only positive thing is that I am not experiencing any other problems like sticky floors on a vanilla server.
Another odd thing is that both wine and non-wine TF2 servers behave totally normally.
I have tried “-/+ip 0.0.0.0” and different ports and binding the server to different interfaces. Nothing really helps.
Anyone got any hints to try to get this fixed?
PS: Right now the server seems to behave normally but only after 5 minutes when the “VAC secure mode enabled.” comes.
[release]OS: Debian Lenny 5.0.3 (64-bit)
CPU: Xeon Quad Core 2,7Ghz
Network speed: Enough to kill your 100/100
Other: Two NICs. Wine latest (1.1.33)