Wingin' It - My First Proper Gmod Vid

EDIT: Media Tagged

A man finds his brother lying dead in the construct, this is the story of how he died. Don’t expect anything dramatic, this was originally meant to be someguy over-reacting funnily after finding his brothers corpse. I filmed that, didn’t think I had enough to even call it mediocre, so I took it a bit far :stuck_out_tongue:

I may have been a member for well over a year, but I still consider myself new as I rarely post. I’d just like to clear up that the machinima swep wouldn’t work when I shot the part with Barney, so I stuck with the crowbar. This wasn’t really meant to be a masterpiece of sorts, and it was based off an idea that was thought up in 5 seconds by my friend and I. So no high expectations from me haha.

Any tips for anything I could do to improve my filming or editing are welcome :slight_smile:

EDIT: sorry if theres a way to move it from screenshots, just pasted it here :stuck_out_tongue:

[editline]11:51PM[/editline]

Media tagging is a good tool, friend.

[editline]11:52PM[/editline]

Nice job.

Thanks man.

Could anyone suggest a good codec to compress videos with? I used Xvid MP4 and it still gave me a huge file size, and yes I did decompress the original recordings first.

Nice. Should have posed GMANs corpse and made him fall in a realistic way.

And what is the song during the helicopter scene?

facepalm gm_construct facepalm

I put the names of the songs in the credits, got the name for that song wrong though, its You’re Never Over by Eminem

Haha, as much as you guys despise the construct, I still think it should be judged on the content, not the map. Well hey, thats just me :stuck_out_tongue:

Nobody like GM_construct for ANYTHING machinamating related…

Even though great machinima has been created on gm_construct

Even though absolutely every beginner video uses construct, which is why we hate it lol

To anyone bitching about construct… points at They Are Melons, War of The Servers, and Djy1991 films

I can agree that theres no reason to hate construct, but new video makers don’t give you much reason to love it either

It’s just logical. I’d use gm_construct if it came in handy for the scene, but there are so many maps that you can use besides it it’s really just useless.

It’s what the movie calls for, not what’s accepted

Great to see some quality in here and not just TF2 ragdolls IMO. I thought that the construct was a unique touch and you should not be flamed for it. Very good work sir. Eminem-Recovery FTW

Thank you kind sir, and Recovery is an amazing album, I don’t think its as good as relapse though :stuck_out_tongue: