[WIP] de_cefalu_go for Counter-Strike: GO

Hi all-

Back in 2006 I created a map for CS:S called de_cefalu, which is loosely based on a city in Sicily. I’m currently in the process of revamping it for CS:GO, and it’s almost complete. For now I tossed together this teaser trailer so you can get an idea of the environments.

[video=vimeo;51270330]http://vimeo.com/51270330[/video]

Once the beta is out I will be sure to let you all know. I greatly appreciate feedback, wether it be about the visuals, gameplay, balance, bugs, framerate, or anything else that comes to mind.

Here’s a few pictures as well (all work in progress):

Thanks,
novalin

Very nice, reminds me of chateau very much.

Please let me know if you need help with anything mapping-wise.

You sure like using that church don’t you? haha, nice map if anything.

The stairs you have right now are kinda blocky and ugly… Inferno has a nice stair model you can use. Hopefully it will suit your needs.

The other thing is, it appears you are using all the settings from Italy… Edit the color correction so everything doesn’t look washed out.

New pics:

Hi everyone-

The beta has been released! Download here

Please send any feedback to the author at novalin at gmail dot com, or post here.

Feedback Questions:

• How is the frame-rate (I have an old computer, so it was hard for me to test this myself)?
  • Is one side overpowered? Why?
  • Does the layout feel good?
  • What details would you like to see?
  • Any bugs?

Radar, overview, and loading screen coming later!

Thanks
~ novalin

Here’s an image of the layout:

Basically, there are 3 major pathways the terrorists can take towards each site, with connecting points in the middle between those paths. Also, there is an elevated area in the center of the map that can be reached from either side, and can be used to control both sides of the map.

Video in the OP started playing on its own. I was startled

Me too! Not sure why this site does that…

looks very nice, man. inspires me to keep working on my first CS:GO map!

Keep going :slight_smile:

Hi everyone - I’m currently working on an update, and would love to incorporate your feedback. If you know of any bugs or have any suggestions please let me know soon, and I will see what I can do. I appreciate all feedback.
Thanks.

New release is now up. DL here:

Changes:

• added radar
  • made a new path from CT Spawn to Site A
  • moved the T spawn points away from the beach so the team is closer together
  • moved the CT spawn points away from the edges so the team is closer together
  • rounded the edges of stairs in Long B and parts of Site B
  • clipped off triangular supports inside the large church to prevent camping
  • fixed glowing picture in kitchen
  • added door frame details inside house
  • fixed a decal that was bleeding through a wall
  • minor optimization improvements

Reminds me of de_monte for some reason.

Now available in the Steam workshop: