WIP - Gas Mask system - surface.DrawTexturedRect draw order

So I’m currently working on little gas mask script, sort of like in metro 2033 or last light. I’ve only been working on it for a few days, and here’s my current progress

when it's done, there will be smoother transitions between taking the mask on and off, more effects, independent easily controllable fallout storm system and a degradable filter system.

This is also the second thing I’ve coded from scratch, so I’m still relatively noob-ish at lua, but I’m at least far beyond the stage of crappy gamemode edits.
anyways, let me know what you guys think of this, and if you have any solutions to the problems I have or suggestions, I’d love to hear it!

Solved issues:
-Gasmask overlay drawing over other HUD elements - fixed by hooking in to HUDPaintBackground instead of HUDPaint. Thanks Maurits.

Current issues:
-filter degradation system isn’t cooperating with me

Keeping this thread open should more problems arise, and for general feedback and ideas.

Try http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/GM/HUDPaintBackground

Reminds me of the gas mask system i made for a metro 2033 server. had degradable filters and stuff.

Good job. Also nice job on those view models(weapons), very eye friendly.

That worked perfectly! Thanks :smiley:

Yeah, I’ve already just hidden the view model hands, did that after taking the video. I’m hoping to actually get a friend to make a view model of actually putting the gas mask on and off, but that’s not a promised feature because I’m not sure if they’ll have time. Regardless, work in progress is Work in progress. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wasn’t being sarcastic about the view model lol i actually like the way your mp5 view was handling and shit.

Ah, you’re talking about the G3A3. It’s part of LEETNOOB’s customizable weaponry, not the Gas Mask thing I’m working on.

oh, well whatever it looks good lol. i only skimmed throug hthe video lol

Mind giving us the code for making appear object on world view once overlay is activated?
Cheers.