WIP: gm_golfcourse

Hey guys!

It’s been a while since I last visited Facepunch, but I was bitten by the mapping bug recently. I started messing around with Hammer like I used to, and I ended up working on a little golf course that is still in progress. I figured the best input on the map would come from these forums because of the level of expertise here. Here are a few pictures of what I have so far:

Hole #1

Hole#2

So far the biggest lessons I’ve learned are making realistic terrain (Disclaimer: I’m not that great at it yet) and working with physboxes. I’ve also discovered that golf via source games is VERY HARD.

Problems I Can See Right Now:
-What features to add to make it look more realistic and appealing
-How to make ball spin backwards when struck
-How to carve hole in greens which require tons of displacement (Right now I’m using a teleporter that sends the ball back to the tee box after it rolls into the flag stick.)
-How to find textures that resemble nice grass, especially on the greens

Thanks so much for your time guys! I hope you enjoy my map.

Here’s a link to the .bsp: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ua8oci

It’s amazing and all but did you know there’s a section for gmod mapping below?
Other than that very good job!

Oh wow, I’m so sorry for that. Could someone please move my thread to the mapping section?

It’s okay, honest mistake. Hopefully a moderator will move it soon.

PM a mod if you want it moved, I don’t think they just move then by request in the thread, or so I’ve heard.

Looks like a nice map, though :v:

[editline]4th June 2012[/editline]

PM a mod if you want it moved, I don’t think they just move then by request in the thread, or so I’ve heard.

Looks like a nice map, though :v: