WIP-Myself in 3D

EDIT: THIS CHARACTER IS MEANT TO BE ONLY PARTIALLY BASED OFF ME, IT IS NOT REALLY A REALISTIC “ME”.

I’ve been working on making the same female character for awhile now, and recentley was humbled over it because my teachers pointed out that my 3D modeling’s still not up to industry standards. I’ve decided to take a break from modeling my female character for now and focus on making a male character, mostly because I feel that it might be easier.

Here’s my progress so far.

I’ll use this model as a template for creating a male character partially based off myself. :slight_smile: the end results will look like these:

To compare, here’s a picture of me, (taken a couple years ago):

I believe that you’re off to a good start but making the head is probably gonna be a bitch if you’re not that experienced.

The character art looks NOTHING like you.

Just thought you should know.

That’s why I said “partially” based off me. Based off a character based off myself would be more accurate.

Although, to be honest, I really said it was a 3D model of myself because I thought that title would grab more attention…

oooooh, cunning

Also, are you gonna be clothed or naked? :keke:

LOL, of course I’ll be clothed. This model at the moment is simply going to be a template for creating male characters.

It’s usually best to create the body of the character before you put their clothes on, so that you know where to put everything.

The main reason I’m creating this character is because I wanted to put myself into some Gmod comics, but I didn’t want to just use an existing HL2 citizen, I have my sights set higher then that.

yeah, I know :smiley:

aha

you should make the muscles bigger because i can tell from your username you are probably an extremely strong and powerful man in reality

I don’t like excessively muscular characters, there’s far too many of them nowadays. I wanted to create something that girls would find attractive.

He’s masculine, but with a very slight androgyny to him that makes him more human.

Give him a massive bulge

Ha ha…maybe

Did anybody else lol?

Heh, I realise there are pople laughing at this, but the fact of the matter is, I’m going to have a custom 3D model to represent myself in Gmod, and everyone else is stuck with the HL2 citizens. :slight_smile:

Unless no servers dl the model they you can only play with yourself. But you are probably pretty experianced with that so you’ll be good,

It’s for comics and stuff.

Why the Hell would someone download you? Who gives a shit? Also that character art looks nothing like you, if you are doing this then at least make it realistic.

As I said, It’s a character based off a character that looks kinda like me.

Like a fantasy verion of myself. You know, better looking, etc?

(User was banned for this post ("Don't be a dick." - Jaanus))

Oh LOOK AT MEEE I AM AND ANERMI CHAREACTER

[editline]12:30AM[/editline]

And less brown?

[editline]12:30AM[/editline]

And less brown?

Nah, the finished character will still have brownish skin like mine.

It will, however, have blue eyes.

I thought everything was good until I hit the bottom of the post. Then I loled.