[WIP] West End of London map

Currently developing and excited to share the current progress on a map i am making with s&box in mind.

Quick showcase : hlvr-2021-08-06-20-21-32-596

imgur album : Imgur: The magic of the Internet

As you can see, the map is in an early stage of development. Currently, i am planning to recreate the outside area as accurately as possible (or as my mapping skills allow) and create the underground station (with a placeholder func_tanktrain brush entity until i can acquire a model or find an appropriate default one). i have grand plans for the future of this map and i hope i can get some playtesters on board when i have a relatively finished version of this map out.

Currenty being developed inside of the Half-Life: Alyx Hammer Editor (Workshop Tools) as i do not have access to s&box.

5 Likes

Looks really great, hopefully you’ll get a key soon for this! :smiley:

Also was that footage of “Bottom” I saw on the giant ad screen? You have my deepest of respects then! :3

EDIT: Just saw Mattie’s post on this, I take back what I said here. Please learn to create your own maps… -_-

1 Like

Looks good! If you saw the latest developer update you should be happy to hear that the new version of gm_construct is going with a British sort of feel, so hopefully when you get access to S&Box you’ll have access to a lot more relevant assets to use for this!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Just found out about this thread and registered here to post - I’m the creator of the map seen in the above posts. The OP is sharing screenshots originally posted by me on the TF2Maps.net Discord and disingenuously claiming that it’s their own creation - I don’t know who this person is (or how they planned to keep this ruse up as I continued development), but the thought of someone intentionally misleading an influential Source 2 community by taking the credit for my own hard work makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable, especially when I haven’t been contacted about it at all.

Proof:

5 Likes

lookin good!

would reccomend to use obs rather than bandicam tho lol

jesus, what a jackass that guy is, sorry for you to see your own work be displayed as if some nobody made it, hope you continue to develop it though, looks amazing

1 Like

well that’s not cool
doing a phenomenal job on the map, consider making your own thread?

1 Like

^^^ please do, then inform a staff member about the asshat stealing credit

1 Like

I’ll definitely consider it, although honestly I’m not really intending to make this a s&box map - I’m building it with HLA’s assets and VR-exclusive gameplay in mind, more of a naturalistic immersive experience than a construction arena or anything. We’ll see how things go - glad people are liking how it’s progressing so far though.

1 Like

I can’t believe I told them they have my deepest respects, you’re the one who deserves the respect. Hopefully you’ll be able to sort this out soon.

1 Like