[WIP] Zedek the Plague Doctor

Hello there, Facepunch viewers. I come here giving my first true ragdolled model, Zedek the Plague Doctor. I combined model pieces from various other models, namely the Blighted Beak and Grimm Hatte from TF2. I did a hackjob in Milkshape 3D, and eventually compiled it to work in Garry’s Mod. It took several hours, and I’m quite pleased with it so far.

http://i.minus.com/jAHL4ENTbBTxd.jpg

http://i.minus.com/iR9MGOK1HRksp.jpg

Zedek has animations for use as a player model, and includes a LUA file for doing such. A spawnlist is included as well for easy access to the ragdoll. Everything seems to be fine overall, aside from some model glitches here and there and the fact that he does not cast a shadow behind a lamp. Any fixes for this would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy.

Download Link: Zedek v01

The mask needs to be canted down a bit, the knitting on the head tightened up, the straps of the mask moved to fit the head. Except for that, it really is quite nice to see one of these badass motherfuckers’ in game.

Hmm… You might to fix his mask actually, it doesn’t looks good on his head. And yeah, I’ve just noticed only knife’s shadow. Try to recompile a model with $opaque command in .QC code, put it after $hitbox, dynamic shadow should work then. And make sure that you’ve made a ragdoll.smd with exported 1-frame sequence (t-pose).
And yes, model isn’t smoothed… You know what to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t the smoothing have something to do with smoothing groups in Milkshape?

I’ll tighten up the knitting and fiddle with the straps. That’ll come right after I get dynamic shadows working. While I’m at it, is there any decent model that I could use for the bottom of the trenchcoat? This one and the other one that I’ve tried aren’t cutting it.

EDIT: Knitting tightened and straps fixed. As soon as I figure out how to get the mask and hat smoothed, I’ll probably update it.

if i’m remembering correctly there are some trench coats in one of the mafia packs. or maybe it’s a pack of trench coat guys, idr. shouldn’t be to hard to model either, if you can get a decent texture.