Wipeout Porting Project (The Racing Game, not the Game show!)

Hello everyone, I am making this topic to keep people up to date with what I am working on in regards to my project to port Wipeout assets into Source 2 for use in S&Box. I have already posted my stuff elsewhere, but I am making this post to keep my stuff from getting lost and keep everything in one place.

I am in the process of porting some tracks from the PS2 game Wipeout Pulse to use in Hammer editor. Here is what I have got done on Platinum Rush so far. As of the time when this is posted I have upscaled the textures using ESRGAN and I plan on redoing the billboards, brand banners and adding necessary lighting.

I am also porting some assets from Wipeout HD and Wipeout HD-Fury, most importantly the ships, weapon pads and speed pads.

2UB0XkWd5z

With Layla working on Wipeout-style vehicle physics, I’m sure these will be great additions to S&Box once it gets released. Be sure to stay tuned as I will post updates as soon as I get more things done!

20 Likes

You just validated Layla’s work, now he’s going to spend 3 more months working on hover racing.

4 Likes

UPDATE: Here is the Mirage Mantis ported, One of my favourite ships in the series lmao

4 Likes

Doing a bit of animated billboard stuff as well using the billboard animations from Wipeout HD.

6 Likes

ayyy its getting good progress here quite quickly too, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

:pray: :pray:

1 Like

This is sick, keep it up mate.

2 Likes

Update time: Goteki 45 Ported into Source 2!

3 Likes

Lookin good!
Port piranha next! It would be great to see it in action

2 Likes